• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Do poorly buns get cuddly?

Kirotea

Mama Doe
I've always thought Maddie was a secret cuddle bun but that she was too stubborn to admit it! :lol:

When she stopped eating last week and we were at the vets she was all over me, basically hugging me. Do all poorly bunnies do this? Or did she just think I'd protect her from the vet? She's never had that reaction at the vets before though.

It kinda makes me think I've been right about her secretly liking a fuss! :oops:

When I have to take Dandy and Beano to the vets for vaccinations it is the only time they will willingly allow me to pick them up and hold them, they are such wild nervy bunnies at home! But I think at the vets I am the good guy and also they kind if freeze a bit with the stress of it all.

Meg did, she liked a good fuss when she didn't feel good and she wasn't picky about where she got it from either, she LOVED getting vet cuddles (such a lush). Unless the vet was trying to put his fingers in her mouth. Hugh does not get cuddly when he's sick. He gets very nervous and nippy, even with me. Course he's a big baby so by 'nippy' I mean that really nervous nibbly thing that some buns do that isn't really designed to hurt anyone, just blow off steam.

mine do. I'm just the hired help usually, but when they're ill or at the vets, I'm mummy. :oops:

This was me and Rosie when I took her to register her she hadn't been with me long but climbed up me away from the Vet :lol: I was very pleased :oops:

She does like a fuss but only if she wants one :D

It was really cute but it made me sad too because I thought she's never like this normally she must be poorly!

I was kneeling on the floor with her and the vet said let her run around if she wants while the vet got something and Maddie decided to hide in the gap between my legs with her head poking out by my bum! :lol:

She will let me stroke her sometimes but usually she shoves my hand away which is quite funny but also mean! :lol:

She also does a shake after, like "urgh she touched me I must shake off her germs" :(

Not as extreme, but Lopsy likes to sit in his carrier at the emergency vets: he didn't like the feel of the table, maybe! Otherwise he's not a big fan! At the usual vets he doesn't care so much though, maybe because the only times I've taken him he's been relatively well!

Yes the thump and shake and then the head to foot wash :lol:

They know how to make their human feel good about themselves :roll:

Milly normally boxes me if I try to touch her but at the vets she'll try to snuggle in to me... But she'll try to snuggle in to the carrier too. Basically anything is better than the vet with the pointy things and if she has to throw away her pride and run to me she will!

Yes the thump and shake and then the head to foot wash :lol:

They know how to make their human feel good about themselves :roll:

Ah at least I don't get a thump, but definitely the insulting shake off :roll: it does make me giggle though too!

Milly normally boxes me if I try to touch her but at the vets she'll try to snuggle in to me... But she'll try to snuggle in to the carrier too. Basically anything is better than the vet with the pointy things and if she has to throw away her pride and run to me she will!

Maddie tried to get back in the carrier by using her teeth too. I took Millie with her so she probably thought she would protect her.

Mine were both very cuddly but they became even more so at the vet's! Boris literally leapt off the table into my arms and refused to be put back down on it. Bella hated being held so would just try to stay as close to me as possible. Until she decided she wasn't scared anymore and tried to go exploring :lol:

Maddie actually let me give her a nose rub yesterday although she didn't look best pleased about it but I didn't get a shove or a shake! Maybe she's starting to like me, it's only been a year else :lol: haha

Back