• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Updates on bunnies that have been helped by RU.

Mrs. Bunnykins

Wise Old Thumper
I know over the years many, many bunnies, piggies and other furry and feathery friends have been saved from appalling conditions by the rapid response from RU members and their contacts. It is truly wonderful how quickly (with the help of modern day media), we can all rally together.

So bearing that in mind, I for one would appreciate some updates on the little ones that we were able to save, help and ideally re-home.

I doubt many RUers will remember the plight of Binky (and his brother Shadow). 3 independent threads were started on RU re a listing on ebay.

For those who do remember, Binky, who had his fourth gotcha day recently, is very happy, flopped out behind me in my office. He was diagnosed with a collapsed vertebra two years ago and I was really worried for the quality of his life but *touch wood* with daily Metacam he's not had any pain episodes for a long time. He became a house rabbit at the time of having his spine problems, especially it being January and he loves, loves, loves being an indoor bunny.

:wave: I saw Kiki advertised on here and was smitten even though I was heartbroken after the passing of 2 much loved bunnies in the space of a couple of months and didn't think I was mentally strong enough to take on another. As you see from the attached thread, it was love at first sight for Kiki and Spike. Both had front teeth issues i.e. they didn't have any ;) in fact Kiki ended up with a chronic nasal infection after the 4th removal of her front teeth. Years ago the rabbit savvy Vet thought she was a pts case (although he didn't say as much to me). I am delighted to say that my feisty little snotmeister is still going strong :love: Over 7 years after developing the infection and looking like she has half a nose. All 3 of her previous boyfriends have passed away :cry: and due to her chronic infectious condition (which she is on permanent antibiotics for), it's not fair to put a healthy bunny with her. So although she loved having boybuns to boss around, she has to settle for bossing me around instead.

http://forums.rabbitrehome.org.uk/showthread.php?96247-Spike-and-Kiki&highlight=kiki

Some of you may remember the Lymington rescue, it was almost 5 years ago now. A large number of bunnies were removed from a byb where they had been living in appalling conditions. My Molly was one of those bunnies. She had been used as a breeding doe and had had multiple litters. She was pregnant when rescued but the night after her rescue she gave birth to 2 dead kits and the following day a 3rd dead kit was removed during an emergency spay after becoming stuck. :cry:

Molly, then called Lara, was lucky she was rescued by Helen, The Duchess, at TRC. I was looking for a wife bun for my bridge bun Marble, saw her and instantly fell in love. :love:

Now she lives with us as a very pampered and much loved house rabbit. She has her own room which she lives in cage free. When I took her on I promised her she would never again be cold, wet and dirty and i am enjoying keeping that promise.

I am so grateful to Helen and the other members of RU who assisted in the rescue. Molly is my soul bun and without you all I would never have met her. :love:

Some of you may remember the Lymington rescue, it was almost 5 years ago now. A large number of bunnies were removed from a byb where they had been living in appalling conditions. My Molly was one of those bunnies. She had been used as a breeding doe and had had multiple litters. She was pregnant when rescued but the night after her rescue she gave birth to 2 dead kits and the following day a 3rd dead kit was removed during an emergency spay after becoming stuck. :cry:

Molly, then called Lara, was lucky she was rescued by Helen, The Duchess, at TRC. I was looking for a wife bun for my bridge bun Marble, saw her and instantly fell in love. :love:

Now she lives with us as a very pampered and much loved house rabbit. She has her own room which she lives in cage free. When I took her on I promised her she would never again be cold, wet and dirty and i am enjoying keeping that promise.

I am so grateful to Helen and the other members of RU who assisted in the rescue. Molly is my soul bun and without you all I would never have met her. :love:
That's lovely to read

Back