PDA

View Full Version : Excel pellets

J&R
02-02-2015, 07:01 PM
I know this has been discussed in the diet section but does anyone else think the new size pellets are too small? I Posted on their Facebook page and they say these are the original size, the machine was just making them too big for a while.
I'm sure they never used to be this tiny, it's like feeding the buns crumbs, or am I just remembering wrong?

http://i1092.photobucket.com/albums/i416/JoT77/fb1247335c3bb0807035035a299603af_zpsd0e011a8.jpg

JemimaH
02-02-2015, 07:08 PM
I have mixed sizes in my tub - both the big ones and little ones. I've had them for a while, so don't think it is *particularly* recent? The bigger ones are much better for hand-feeding Alfrid as my nails don't get nibbled :lol: :lol:

mini lop1
02-02-2015, 07:34 PM
Not fed burgess for years used to feed junior one and even them looked bigger then the small ones in your pic :shock:

ralphus maximus!
02-02-2015, 07:48 PM
Ohhh it's not just me then... I have been buying the new designed bags of pellets and 2 out of 3 bags have had the tiny pellets in! They look like the dwarf pellets to me! I don't like them either!

Mrsmcarey
02-02-2015, 08:14 PM
Yes the ones in the new bag design are loads smaller I don't like them :?

I had a bag of the old design from a store and the pellets were bigger than the new design bag, I am going to email Excel about the change is size and product size consistency and also tell the, of a recent new bag that was bigger then back to the small ones :evil: I'm so confused and as they are smaller the measure I use means that they all get more or do they :?

Mrs. Bunnykins
02-02-2015, 09:17 PM
Not fed burgess for years used to feed junior one and even them looked bigger then the small ones in your pic :shock:

This!!! When feeding the boarders, it could be all too easy to get the food mixed up once in their bowls.

keletkezes
03-02-2015, 11:41 AM
They are smaller than P@H own-brand (which are made by them?) that came with Lopsy, but I'm still confused as to why there are two different types of pellet in any given batch: long ones and cube ones! I've had this bag of Excel since, erm, September I think (one rabbit doesn't go through the biggest bags very quickly!) so I dunno which 'era' it falls into! But they're pretty damn small: I'm almost on smallest treatball setting!

clutterydrawer
03-02-2015, 11:47 AM
My bag is quite mixed, there are indeed a lot of small ones...but I have to say the rabbits don't really seem to care!

Sarah1989
03-02-2015, 12:45 PM
When my current bag of Excel runs out, I'll be swapping my four to SS. Partly because I've seen the smaller pellets on here and I feel that those pellets would pose a choking hazard to Slipper who literally inhales his food! (There are other reasons for my decision too, but not relevant to this discussion.)

J&R
03-02-2015, 05:47 PM
I posted the picture on their Facebook wall because I wasn't happy with their initial response and they've asked me to send a sample and they'll look into it.
I know I sound like I've got a bee in my bonnet over this but I'm terrified to give them SS after Rosie's choking episode with a SS pellet, they don't like fibafirst and I'm out of options if I can't them excel either!
Interesting some peoples bags are mixed, all of mine in both oregano and mint are absolutely tiny.

k1984
03-02-2015, 06:25 PM
The guinea pigs food is the same....very small pellets. They never used to be like this, and my two piggies are not happy boys at all!

Britannia
03-02-2015, 11:17 PM
They are smaller than P@H own-brand (which are made by them?) that came with Lopsy, but I'm still confused as to why there are two different types of pellet in any given batch: long ones and cube ones! I've had this bag of Excel since, erm, September I think (one rabbit doesn't go through the biggest bags very quickly!) so I dunno which 'era' it falls into! But they're pretty damn small: I'm almost on smallest treatball setting!

Because Bob and Kizzy kept snapping bits of plastic off of cat or rabbit treat balls, I finally ended up with one designed for big dogs. The old excell pellets worked great but the new ones are too small and come out really quickly making it a shorter game and giving them less excercise :(

I've also notice that the treat ball gets covered in dust from the pellets a lot more quickly. Overall I'd say the new pellets are a great disappointment.

Babsie
04-02-2015, 07:07 AM
My bag is quite mixed, there are indeed a lot of small ones...but I have to say the rabbits don't really seem to care!

Same here!

keletkezes
04-02-2015, 10:41 AM
Because Bob and Kizzy kept snapping bits of plastic off of cat or rabbit treat balls, I finally ended up with one designed for big dogs. The old excell pellets worked great but the new ones are too small and come out really quickly making it a shorter game and giving them less excercise :(Mine's one of the (expensive) lock-slot type, where the holes are changeable in size using a slider to lock it into different places: would that work? Lopsy can't get his teeth into the holes, although he can pick it up by the turn-tab for opening the bottom.