• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Excel pellets

J&R

Mama Doe
I know this has been discussed in the diet section but does anyone else think the new size pellets are too small? I Posted on their Facebook page and they say these are the original size, the machine was just making them too big for a while.
I'm sure they never used to be this tiny, it's like feeding the buns crumbs, or am I just remembering wrong?

fb1247335c3bb0807035035a299603af_zpsd0e011a8.jpg

I have mixed sizes in my tub - both the big ones and little ones. I've had them for a while, so don't think it is *particularly* recent? The bigger ones are much better for hand-feeding Alfrid as my nails don't get nibbled :lol: :lol:

Not fed burgess for years used to feed junior one and even them looked bigger then the small ones in your pic :shock:

Ohhh it's not just me then... I have been buying the new designed bags of pellets and 2 out of 3 bags have had the tiny pellets in! They look like the dwarf pellets to me! I don't like them either!

Yes the ones in the new bag design are loads smaller I don't like them :?

I had a bag of the old design from a store and the pellets were bigger than the new design bag, I am going to email Excel about the change is size and product size consistency and also tell the, of a recent new bag that was bigger then back to the small ones :evil: I'm so confused and as they are smaller the measure I use means that they all get more or do they :?

They are smaller than P@H own-brand (which are made by them?) that came with Lopsy, but I'm still confused as to why there are two different types of pellet in any given batch: long ones and cube ones! I've had this bag of Excel since, erm, September I think (one rabbit doesn't go through the biggest bags very quickly!) so I dunno which 'era' it falls into! But they're pretty damn small: I'm almost on smallest treatball setting!

When my current bag of Excel runs out, I'll be swapping my four to SS. Partly because I've seen the smaller pellets on here and I feel that those pellets would pose a choking hazard to Slipper who literally inhales his food! (There are other reasons for my decision too, but not relevant to this discussion.)

I posted the picture on their Facebook wall because I wasn't happy with their initial response and they've asked me to send a sample and they'll look into it.
I know I sound like I've got a bee in my bonnet over this but I'm terrified to give them SS after Rosie's choking episode with a SS pellet, they don't like fibafirst and I'm out of options if I can't them excel either!
Interesting some peoples bags are mixed, all of mine in both oregano and mint are absolutely tiny.

The guinea pigs food is the same....very small pellets. They never used to be like this, and my two piggies are not happy boys at all!

They are smaller than P@H own-brand (which are made by them?) that came with Lopsy, but I'm still confused as to why there are two different types of pellet in any given batch: long ones and cube ones! I've had this bag of Excel since, erm, September I think (one rabbit doesn't go through the biggest bags very quickly!) so I dunno which 'era' it falls into! But they're pretty damn small: I'm almost on smallest treatball setting!

Because Bob and Kizzy kept snapping bits of plastic off of cat or rabbit treat balls, I finally ended up with one designed for big dogs. The old excell pellets worked great but the new ones are too small and come out really quickly making it a shorter game and giving them less excercise :(

I've also notice that the treat ball gets covered in dust from the pellets a lot more quickly. Overall I'd say the new pellets are a great disappointment.

Because Bob and Kizzy kept snapping bits of plastic off of cat or rabbit treat balls, I finally ended up with one designed for big dogs. The old excell pellets worked great but the new ones are too small and come out really quickly making it a shorter game and giving them less excercise :(
Mine's one of the (expensive) lock-slot type, where the holes are changeable in size using a slider to lock it into different places: would that work? Lopsy can't get his teeth into the holes, although he can pick it up by the turn-tab for opening the bottom.

Back