• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Rabbit Keeping ''Stuff''

Sarah1991

Warren Veteran
I had a big clear out the other day of just ''stuff'' that is in the utility room where the enclosure is, I threw out two big black bags just filled with old toys, bags of hay with little bits in the bottom, old fabric tunnels that Milo and Finn have ripped to bits and loads of other things and yet I still manage to have...

1 and a bit 85lt bags of Megazorb
1 4.5kg bag Alfalfa King Oat Wheat and Barley Hay
2 Maxi bags of Pure Pastures Meadow Hay
1 1kg bag Redigrass
1 large storage tub with 1 and a half bags of Excel Adult Nugget inside
1 2kg box Fibafirst Sticks
1 1kg box Naturals meadow Hay Cookies
1 bottle Oxbow Papaya fruit plus tablets
1 regular Asda carrier bag filled with a range of toys and chews
1 huge piece of Vetbed that isnt getting used at all
1 spare litter tray
1 bunny first aid kit with a range of things
2 bottles clean N safe cleaning spray
2 large kitchen rolls
then a few spare older litter trays and drinking bowls...

I don't even think I have that much stuff and I wonder how us bunny owners manage to keep all of these things! :lol:

Anyone care to share what you have stored for your buns?

Some of this is for the goats as well as the rabbits, but outside in a shed I have

a bale of straw,
a bale of hay,
3 spare litter trays
4 bottles (I don't know why I keep those as they all have bowls now!)
I have a 15kg bale of readigrass in the dining room waiting to be split between 2 feed bins :lol:
An assortment of things used to be used as hay racks
A tub of Virkon disinfectant powder
2 large sacks of wood pellet horse bedding for litter trays
Then I have 2 tubs of pellets, 2 tubs with treats in, and 2 bags of hay taken from the bale, one inside for feeding Boots, one outside for Dandy and Beano. Outside there's still 2 double hutches and a run and runaround tube redundant since the outside bunnies went into a shed!

Outside in the garage:
  1. 2x bales of hay (one packaged and one farm)
  2. 1x green bendy tube (could come indoors TBH)
  3. 1x tiny hutch (on its end)
  4. 1x somewhat broken but usable by bunnies orange hidey-box-thing
  5. 1x old (useless) run cover
  6. 1x tarp plus water expulsion system (a set of upturned flowerpot saucers, ashtray and a golf ball for putting underneath)
  7. 1x 2.5kg bag of Harringtons(?) pellets from a friend whose rabbit didn't like them
Outside in the garden is a set of playtwigs in a tunnel-y formation, propped up on bricks!

In the attic with Lopsy:
  1. Disinfectant, scrubbing brush, sponge and plastic two-dish bowl thing in a carrier bag
  2. 2x bags of hay (one opened packaged and one binbag of easier-access farm bale)
  3. 2x bags of litter pellets (one opened 30L, one 'trial pack' 5L)
  4. 2x carriers (although one's 'in use' as a hidey-hole)
  5. 1x plastic storage box containing:
    • slightly shredded but otherwise clean puppy pads and newspaper
    • Dustpan and brush
    • extra long wire ties
    • pellets tub
    • binbags (those little pedal bins ones)
  6. 1x 20L Excel pellets bag
  7. 1x litter bag (for used litter!)
  8. Foldy chairs (for sitting on, although one has the litter bag on it :roll:)
  9. a coop cup which needs to go back to Wilko (Lopsy just knocks the water out of it, I think by accident!)
  10. A stick for retrieving the treatball (was outside until yesterday!)
  11. Treatball, 3x cardboard treat tubes, 2x loo rolls, 1x bird fatball feeder
  12. Plastic food bowl (used for dispensing pellets in to before putting them in to tubes etc.)
  13. Old 1L marge tub with syringes and recovery food
  14. 1x small bag of Readigrass, which he doesn't care much for!
In the kitchen are 4 plastic treat tubes plus his food in the fridge.

In Lopsy's run, there's the corner litter tray, black hay tray, ceramic water bowl, cat scratching thing, two pieces of string (for broccoli), water bottle, carrier with towel over and another ceramic bowl that's supposed to be under the water bottle spout to catch drips, but tends to be anywhere up to 2' away from it!

Of course, most of this stuff is used, it does take up space though!

Outside in the garage:
  1. 2x bales of hay (one packaged and one farm)
  2. 1x green bendy tube (could come indoors TBH)
  3. 1x tiny hutch (on its end)
  4. 1x somewhat broken but usable by bunnies orange hidey-box-thing
  5. 1x old (useless) run cover
  6. 1x tarp plus water expulsion system (a set of upturned flowerpot saucers, ashtray and a golf ball for putting underneath)
  7. 1x 2.5kg bag of Harringtons(?) pellets from a friend whose rabbit didn't like them
Outside in the garden is a set of playtwigs in a tunnel-y formation, propped up on bricks!

In the attic with Lopsy:
  1. Disinfectant, scrubbing brush, sponge and plastic two-dish bowl thing in a carrier bag
  2. 2x bags of hay (one opened packaged and one binbag of easier-access farm bale)
  3. 2x bags of litter pellets (one opened 30L, one 'trial pack' 5L)
  4. 2x carriers (although one's 'in use' as a hidey-hole)
  5. 1x plastic storage box containing:
    • slightly shredded but otherwise clean puppy pads and newspaper
    • Dustpan and brush
    • extra long wire ties
    • pellets tub
    • binbags (those little pedal bins ones)
  6. 1x 20L Excel pellets bag
  7. 1x litter bag (for used litter!)
  8. Foldy chairs (for sitting on, although one has the litter bag on it :roll:)
  9. a coop cup which needs to go back to Wilko (Lopsy just knocks the water out of it, I think by accident!)
  10. A stick for retrieving the treatball (was outside until yesterday!)
  11. Treatball, 3x cardboard treat tubes, 2x loo rolls, 1x bird fatball feeder
  12. Plastic food bowl (used for dispensing pellets in to before putting them in to tubes etc.)
  13. Old 1L marge tub with syringes and recovery food
  14. 1x small bag of Readigrass, which he doesn't care much for!
In the kitchen are 4 plastic treat tubes plus his food in the fridge.

In Lopsy's run, there's the corner litter tray, black hay tray, ceramic water bowl, cat scratching thing, two pieces of string (for broccoli), water bottle, carrier with towel over and another ceramic bowl that's supposed to be under the water bottle spout to catch drips, but tends to be anywhere up to 2' away from it!

Of course, most of this stuff is used, it does take up space though!

It really is insane what you end up with isn't it? I just buy stuff without thinking now! I'll always find somewhere to keep it :lol:

:lol: bunny hoarders, I have some things in shed, but nothing edible incase any mice or rats get in there, although think I have blocked all access off to them now, in summer I keep a few outdoor toys in greenhouse, but moved them to mabels cupboard inside during winter, don't trust anyone round here to leave anything out

It really is insane what you end up with isn't it? I just buy stuff without thinking now! I'll always find somewhere to keep it :lol:
I know!? I've got ONE rabbit who isn't particularly spoiled, too! :roll:

I forgot, I've got a snugglesafe in the storage box too: never used it since he's been inside though! But well-used outside! Microwave still has hay in it ;P

Well I've had my two little tinkers for 7 weeks and can't believe how much stuff we have already:

6ft hutch (not yet used.. As they are currently house buns)
Rabbit run
2 cages with 2 mesh playpens!
sheep teddy (they're welsh so it's a must have!)
Cardboard castle
2 tunnels (plastic & material)
2 log bridges
2 litter trays
Huge bag of megazorb
2 bags of hay
1 bag of straw
1 10kg junior pellets
Millions of toilet rolls
Cardboard boxes
Rosewood carrot garden
Apple sticks
2x pack of natural balls
Other toys / treats
Own dust pan & brush
Cleaning bits
Cat bed x2
Towels / fleeces
Pet carrier

Spoilt buns, but I just can't say no to those little faces :love:

I know!? I've got ONE rabbit who isn't particularly spoiled, too! :roll:

I forgot, I've got a snugglesafe in the storage box too: never used it since he's been inside though! But well-used outside! Microwave still has hay in it ;P

My microwave's always got bits of hay in it too! :lol:

Back