• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

What to do if you see bun being sold online as free to good home?

Emma H

Warren Scout
Hi everyone.

My friend has just posted on Facebook worried about a bun that has been advertised online. The picture looks awful, he is stuck in a tiny plastic cage with no hay whatsoever?! He is also being sold as free to good home which screams danger [emoji26]

Looks to be in the wolverhampton/Dudley area? Should I try and contact nearby rescues? Will rescues pick up such buns at all? I guess they are so full as it is though?

*edited by mod - no links to free ads please*

Xxxxx

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited by a moderator:
We don't allow links to free ads to be posted but you can send the link to a member of the Free Ads Team who will contact the seller and give them some rehoming advice. :wave: http://forums.rabbitrehome.org.uk/showthread.php?128046-New-Rules-for-Free-Ads

The problem is that rescues are often already full to bursting, as you say, and often the owner just needs some friendly, sensible advice about feeding, housing and how to rehome the right way - what sort of questions to ask potential adopters, preferably with a homecheck - & also a warning that giving away for free runs a risk of the bunny being used as snake food for example.

Thanks Karen, I shall do that straight away! Xxxxxx

Have messaged Fifi button. Have said that I am more than happy to contact the seller if she is busy if she can provide me some good wording :)

xxx

Hi everyone.

My friend has just posted on Facebook worried about a bun that has been advertised online. The picture looks awful, he is stuck in a tiny plastic cage with no hay whatsoever?! He is also being sold as free to good home which screams danger [emoji26]

Looks to be in the wolverhampton/Dudley area? Should I try and contact nearby rescues? Will rescues pick up such buns at all? I guess they are so full as it is though?

*edited by mod - no links to free ads please*

Xxxxx

Oh dear ...

The last time I saw a rabbit in the free ads, going for free ... I took him. So I can't look there anymore, as it's just fatal for me x

Back