PDA

View Full Version : Worming

beki
31-01-2015, 12:52 PM
Am I right in thinking before introducing rabbits I should worm them? I don't actually worm ruby regularly and she hasn't been worked for a few years.

tonibun
31-01-2015, 04:12 PM
You don't need to worm rabbits unless there are obvious signs they need it. :thumb:

Jack's-Jane
31-01-2015, 04:20 PM
Am I right in thinking before introducing rabbits I should worm them? I don't actually worm ruby regularly and she hasn't been worked for a few years.

Are you meaning worming as a means of EC control as opposed to gastrointestinal worms ?

MightyMax
31-01-2015, 05:11 PM

I personally don't worm rabbits routinely before I introduce them to one another unless I have suspicions that E.C. may have occurred with one or other of them. In that case I will worm them both at the same time.

beki
31-01-2015, 08:09 PM
Yes ec control. It's just I mentioned it to the vet today and she said it is probably advisable as Bertie was adopted from the rspca so we aren't sure if he has come into contact with anything and any stress from the bond could cause it to come out, also we assume reggie was suffering from a tumour which caused him to lose the use of his back end before he died but ec was considered by the vets until she found a large lump. Ruby has not shown any signs though. I suppose there is no harm in giving her the wormer though now I have bought it

beki
31-01-2015, 08:19 PM
I do actually remember giving reggie a course of wormer when I got him.