• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

It's not Winter everywhere.

Lobo

Mama Doe
After seeing the British weather on TV I thought I would post a few milder weather pics I have taken around and just outside our backyard over recent days.

Ooh pretty pics :wave:

I love the kookaburra its a very plain bird but very attractive I think :D and you can never take too many pics of Butterfies :love:

In fact this is from 2010 holiday in Pembroke
1b04686e67f7633cf2698eb3f4e668c4.jpg

I like butterflies.

Last edited:
Ooohhh I can almost hear the kookaburra from here ! Lovely pics, it's nice to see colour instead of white :D

Brilliant photos, especially the birdie. Do you see wild budgies? I watched a programme that featured a huge group of wild budgies in Australia.

Put the kettle on Lobo, I am on the next flight over !!

Fantastic photos :D

We're mostly a cafe latte household but I'm sure there is some English Breakfast somewhere. :D Load all the family we have plenty of hay.:wave:

Brilliant photos, especially the birdie. Do you see wild budgies? I watched a programme that featured a huge group of wild budgies in Australia.

We don't have budgies. They like the hot weather plains and we live in a cooler heavily wooded region 1,000 meters above sea level.
The bird having a bath is a Red Wattlebird. A female Satin Bowerbird was in the trees at the same time but flew off before I could get a pic.

I'm pleased others also like Kookaburras, they are amongst my favourite native birds. The one in the pic would only be about 3 months old and hasn't perfected the laughing call yet, he just sounds as though he has severe laryngitis.:lol:

Back