• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Downside of having a group :(

LaraFarah

Alpha Buck
One of my rabbits had a freak accident with a branch flying off the tree and hitting her on the side. As a result, she had to have a major operation.

Luckily, she is a fighter and is healing extremely well. However, due to the nature of the wound, we had to keep her in a small space with snugglepads and blankets and pretty of hay in balls/toys etc. She is in a wired run inside the girls' outbuilding so she isn't away from them.

I am just dreading the rebonding, hopefully it will be very smooth.

Nothing really to say, just want to let it out as my friends wouldn't understand as much as you guys! Don't think they would like the idea that I have spent near enough £200 (which is a brilliant price so I am not complaining as I have got a month worth of painkillers and antibiotics with it!)

That sounds like a nightmare :( what an awful accident :( that must have been really traumatic for you to have seen too :(

Glad she's healing well and recovering, fingers crossed she continues to recover well too!

Hopefully because you've kept them near each other even if not with each other it will make re bonding easier, lots of easy bonding vibes! (also I agree £200 for a big operation and lots of medications is very reasonable!)

Aww, I'm glad she's doing well. Keeping in with the group is a really good idea, hopefully that will keep her smelling right and the rebonding won't be too bad. Giving her a rub down with some of their bedding before hand might help too just to make sure she doesn't smell like vet but like the group. Obviously not until after the wound has healed :)

I agree £200 isn't bad for a big op and follow up meds!

Thank you both :D yes I am so pleased with the price as the vet saw her three times afterward and did not charge a penny. I love my vet!

It was awful but thankfully she is a brilliant healer - I was too grossed out by it to take photos but I now regret it as it was rather impressive the difference between then and now, especially with her fur growing back now.

Best of all, she is rebonded with only little bicker between Martha and Jo but that was within the first hour and the rest of the time, it is as if it never happened.

Thats great to hear. You probably saved yourself a lot of hassle by keeping her in contact with them as much as you did. Well done x

Good to hear she rebonded easily :)

That was a worry we had when Rambo was separated with stasis, I'm sure keeping them close really helps.

Thank you both :D yes I am so pleased with the price as the vet saw her three times afterward and did not charge a penny. I love my vet!

It was awful but thankfully she is a brilliant healer - I was too grossed out by it to take photos but I now regret it as it was rather impressive the difference between then and now, especially with her fur growing back now.

Best of all, she is rebonded with only little bicker between Martha and Jo but that was within the first hour and the rest of the time, it is as if it never happened.

You are brilliant :thumb:

Wonderful recovery, great price at the vets and rebonded. Best bunny Mom ever!

Back