• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Maddie's not eating U/D Just done a flop!

Kirotea

Mama Doe
I'm so worried. This has not happened in the year I've had them. She's refused pellets and fenugreek crunchies. Vet opens in 10 mins so I'm ringing them then and will take her in. What else can I do? :(

Last edited:
I'm so worried. This has not happened in the year I've had them. She's refused pellets and fenugreek crunchies. Vet opens in 10 mins so I'm ringing them then and will take her in. What else can I do? :(

Getting her to the Vets is the most important thing. If she feels cold to the touch then provide her with a snugglesafe heat pad or pop her in a Pet Carrier with some warm towels. Keeping her warm, but not too hot is important. Also, it will be helpful to the Vet if you can note what Maddie's poo and wee output has been like overnight and also when you can be certain she last ate/had a drink

Good luck at the Vets

She's been drinking and has eaten a few bits of hay. Had a bit of a nibble from a fenugreek crunchie but she's not right. Vets at 9am. Millie's ok. It's hard to know if she's pooped because they share a tray.

Her belly is gurgling, is that good or bad? Got her running the front room

Is now chewing her wooden bridge so not teeth but won't eat. Looked like she bent for a cecal but wasn't chewing after.

ETA. Is running round a bit and stamping her foot because I'm acting weird!

Thanks Mrs B. I'm at the vets waiting to be seen. She ate a pellet and a few bits of hay but her stomach is gurgling like anything and she's not right :(

I hope this is just a minor blip and she is feeling better very soon. Offer of help stands. x Which vets do you use? If it is the one in Merstow Green, they all know me there....in a good way.

Fingers toes and paws crossed.

I hope this is just a minor blip and she is feeling better very soon. Offer of help stands. x Which vets do you use? If it is the one in Merstow Green, they all know me there....in a good way.

Fingers toes and paws crossed.

Yeh Merstow Green. She's had an injection to speed her gut up because it sounded slow. Vet doesn't think it's a blockage. She ate a fenugreek crunchie when we got home so I'm hoping she's ok now. I've had to go to work but going to go back at 1pm and check on her. She seems perkier already. Millie will encourage her to tuck into their hay I hope. Got some stuff ti syringe her later... not looking forward to that.

... not looking forward to that.

Try not to worry too much about the syringing she might like it. Plus they pick up on your anxiety so if you're treating it like it's going to be painful she'll pick up on it and might worry too. Behave like it's a really exciting treat right from the off and you might get a better response. Course she might be smarter than that, but it's worth a try.

Vibes for your little Maddie, hope she's feeling better this afternoon.

Sounds like what Lopsy had: gut movement but not eating! He took AGES to eat though :S I was really worried about him. My previous rabbit took about 30mins to eat post-motility injection, Lopsy more than 2.5hrs! Hopefully she'll be back to normal soon!

I hope Maddie will be okay. Will be watching this thread closely for updates. You acted very quickly so that will work in her favour xx

She's was fine last night at 11 when I went to bed. So I don't know what happened. She's got a crazy moult on so maybe that's it. Sat at work worrying but it's good she had a crunchie before I left she normally goes and eats hay after having one of those. I'm hoping Millie's looking after her! I'm going to go check them on my lunch break.

She seems to be eating, just had some readigrass. It's difficult to say if they've eaten much this morning though. There's poops in the litter tray but they are quite golden, so maybe not Maddie's? Keeping watch for 30 mins before I have to go back to work. She's seems like her usual self running around. I've just seen her drinking too.

Kirotea, if you want a hand to help you with syringing Maddie, just let me know.

Thank you that's very kind. I'll get my mum round to help first and see how we go. I've never had to do it before on any animal.

ETA. Just tried to steal a pellet off her sister!

Currently

Last edited:
Back