• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Project new bunny home is about to begin!

Kerryyyy

Mama Doe
Hello everyone, I haven been logged on for ages but I wanted to share my new little project with everyone.

Back in 2012 we decided to bond two of our bunnies Poppy and Sam. We thought they would benefit more being outside so spent ages looking at hutches before deciding on one. I have not been happy about the hutch we got at all. We have done everything to maintain the hutch but it's falling to pieces. So we have bought Poppy and Sam a new hutch. :D.

Hopefully this Saturday we will be getting started on building their new accommodation.

*I'll post some pictures of our current hutch later*

So many hutches are utter rubbish. I am really happy with the welfare hutches one that I got for my two belgian hares. They only sell six foot and up so are a great company to buy from.

Look forward to seeing your new set up, or should I say Poppy and Sam's new set up!

Can't wait to see :D What did you go for in the end? :)

We have got them a Welfare hutch. 6ft hutch with an 6 by 8 ft run. We have had it made so that it's back to front though cause I am only small so I struggle to lean over over the run and clean everything so the way we have had it made will make it a lot easier.

We have got them a Welfare hutch. 6ft hutch with an 6 by 8 ft run. We have had it made so that it's back to front though cause I am only small so I struggle to lean over over the run and clean everything so the way we have had it made will make it a lot easier.

Will be lovely to see! Hope yours is problem free!

I hate mine and want to replace it, (6ft hutch and 6x4 run) help was offered but heard nothing back since then so now I'm just figuring out what set up I want now! The hutch can't seem to support itself on the run, it's so heavy! I have an ugly support for the hutch otherwise the doors won't open/close. We made it to the instructions as well, levelled off the ground and put it on slabs. So I'm just bitter about it all because everyone else has fab hutches :lol: Wish I went for a single hutch because I have for fork out again now, but loath to order from them again.

Will be lovely to see! Hope yours is problem free!

I hate mine and want to replace it, (6ft hutch and 6x4 run) help was offered but heard nothing back since then so now I'm just figuring out what set up I want now! The hutch can't seem to support itself on the run, it's so heavy! I have an ugly support for the hutch otherwise the doors won't open/close. We made it to the instructions as well, levelled off the ground and put it on slabs. So I'm just bitter about it all because everyone else has fab hutches :lol: Wish I went for a single hutch because I have for fork out again now, but loath to order from them again.

That sucks that yours isn't as good as what you wanted. :(. I totally get where you are coming from. I was totally put off ordering another hutch off the internet so I am hoping the hutch I have now is a fluke.

That sucks that yours isn't as good as what you wanted. :(. I totally get where you are coming from. I was totally put off ordering another hutch off the internet so I am hoping the hutch I have now is a fluke.

I thought it would be amazing and worth the £200 because of all of the good things I saw but nope, really bitter :lol: I'm thinking a playhouse now, but I can't make a decision! Just have no idea what to do with the hutch/run! Might give it to the hens as a play thing in the new enclosure :lol:

I am so sorry it has taken me like a thousand years to post these pictures but the hutch is up and I am really happy with it.

This is what Poppy and Sam had before (Bad lighting and very wet day).

And this is a really bad picture of what they have now.

We wanted to put the hutch on backwards so it was easier for me to clean them out as I am rather small. And the position isn't good right now but we will be moving it once the paving has been finished at the end of the garden.

Next step is to paint it some nice colours! :D.

That looks amazing. The hares love their welfare hutch (underneath it is a big fave).

I really like the look of the run. Great idea having the hutch the other way round too.

Back