• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

The final chance!

Naomi1485

New Kit
Hi,

I have posted on here before about my 2 male rabbits and the rocky road to re-bonding. I have decided that this weekend is the weekend which I will try and get them back together permanently. For weeks they have been playing together, grooming and cuddling and eating from the same bowl. I had them in the house last night and the same behaviours again not even any mounting this time so I think we are almost there.

My main question is how best to go about it. I have seen on here about all night bonding. I am free from Friday lunchtime all through the weekend, my concern is that they are outside rabbits and is it supposed to be cold this weekend. So am I better to bring them in Friday lunchtime, and have them indoors until Saturday evening (if they do come in though I have no indoor cage for them) or am I better to bring them in really early on Saturday morning and put them in their neutralised hutch in the evening (if all has gone well obviously). I'm sorry if this seems like a stupid question but I have to ask this advice from someone, my husband is sick of hearing about the rabbits and I have no experience!

Any advice would be brilliant, I hate them being apart as I am at work all day and its time their lives got more social again!

Thanks on behalf of George and James xx

I think it would be better if you keep them outside if that's where they normally are. You could put them together in their neutralised hutch early Saturday morning and keep a close eye on them. Depending on how things are going you will then ave to decide if you can leave them unsupervised overnight or, if you are unsure, pop them back in their usual housing and restart the bonding Sunday morning. If you do leave them overnight at the end of the first day,unsupervised, they could fall out, but by the end of the second day you will have a better idea as to how they are getting on. I hope they do settle down together for you. Let us know how it goes :)

Thank you so much for your advice, this will be my mission on Saturday! It makes sense to leave them outside as they are bond to be more natural in their behaviour. Thank you :D

So the boys lived happily for 10 whole days in their hutch, I could feel all the love. However when we got home last night they had each other by the neck and were trying to kill each other again. I have no idea what to do now, I don't want them to live apart but I don't have the room to get them a girlfriend each, I am all out of ideas and feel as though I have failed them. I have no idea what the future holds for George and James now

Back