• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Pet sitters in Birmingham?

HarryRabbit

Young Bun
Hi, I was wondering if anyone can recommend a bunny savvy pet sitter in Birmingham? I'm looking for someone who could come to the house, rather than the bunnies staying in boarding, as it would only be for 48 hours. We're in Kingstanding, on the north side of the city. I've got 4 house bunnies who are very nervous of new people, so I definitely need someone who understands rabbits and has a soft approach. 2 have meds twice daily and one of those is a feisty giant! Thanks in advance :D

We use a national petsitter (franchise) called Animals at Home who were suggested by the RWAF. Our local guy is really good, he came over before we went on holiday and brought all his various certificates (training/insurance), he also brought a notebook and took notes on the buns while we were chatting (feeding regime, habits, behaviours, cleaning out requirements, etc). I wouldn't say he was necessarily 'rabbit savvy', but our girlie bun had not long had surgery and had only just finished her meds. He was honest and said that he had no experience medicating buns and would not be comfortable medicating a bun (he does cats though which surely has to be harder!!), however he is also the pet ambulance for our own vet so we told him what to look out for in the event that either of them were 'under the weather', and he would take them to the vet and if required the vet could show him how to administer. Possibly others would be happier to medicate buns with your guidance.
Looking at the website it looks like the only have people in east and south Birmingham but maybe worth contacting them in case its not up to date.

I've not had any joy finding a pet sitter unfortunately, so was wondering if anyone can recommend somewhere for bunny boarding with indoor accommodation for house bunnies? Thanks :wave:

I've not had any joy finding a pet sitter unfortunately, so was wondering if anyone can recommend somewhere for bunny boarding with indoor accommodation for house bunnies? Thanks :wave:

Would it only be for 48 hours? The reason I ask is that they could come and stay here, but they wouldn't have as much space as I would like them to have as there are four of them, however I have plenty of experience with caring for other people's furry family. Have a think.

Thank you, that's really kind of you :) It would be from Friday 24th April until Sunday 26th, as I'm away for a wedding. Unfortunately I lost one of my bunnies to cancer recently :( So I only now have 3 - a small pair who would only need feeding, and Hector who is a really nervous English lop. Hector has Loxicom and eye drops twice daily. He can't be picked up as he panics so much, but on the floor he takes his meds really well (as long as they are followed by a treat :lol: ) I've got one more pet sitter to try but if I don't have any joy I would love to take you up on your very kind offer if you really don't mind some more bunnies for a weekend! :)

Last edited:
Hi there :wave: we have indoor accommodation available for those dates (ranging from 6ft through to 8ft)

We're in Oldbury, probably about 8 miles from Kingstanding (if you cut through Great Barr/West Brom/Smethwick). We're just off junctions 2 and 3 of the M5. My number is 07929 441179 if you want a chat.

Here's our website for more information www.vipiggies.co.uk

The 6 & 7ft accommodation is pictured on the website, but I haven't got round to adding pics of the brand new 8ft accommodation yet :oops:

Tracey x

Ooops, just noticed you've replied to Mrs B! :oops:

Hi :wave: Thank you for replying :D I've just been having a look at Google maps and it looks like Mrs B is just over an hour away from me - unfortunately I don't think I can convince my OH to drive there and back and then to the wedding and back all in 48 hours! Thank you so much for your very kind offer though Mrs B, I really appreciate it! :D I will give you a call this afternoon Tracey :D

Back