• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Vibes for Skye...update on 1st, Skye has gone to rainbow bridge ;-(

catherine09

Mama Doe
....she's not well today. Not eating, runny poo and tummy pressing. Poor girlie - booked into the vets at 2:40. This is very unlike her :(

She still seems to be in pain despite being on daily metacam (1ml 2x daily) for her arthritis, which is concerning

Last edited:
Thanks all. Just waiting for the vets appt - given her some Fibreplex in the meantime. Her poos aren't runny but they are very squishy and not round, kind of coming out in blobs :( something is up with her tummy for sure. She's also wee'd on herself so I put her in the big underbed storage box tray so she doesn't have to move to wee - as she was just sat in the run before.

Thanks all. Just waiting for the vets appt - given her some Fibreplex in the meantime. Her poos aren't runny but they are very squishy and not round, kind of coming out in blobs :( something is up with her tummy for sure. She's also wee'd on herself so I put her in the big underbed storage box tray so she doesn't have to move to wee - as she was just sat in the run before.

Is she indoors now ? If not I think it might be a good idea to bring her in as if she is poorly she will not be able to regulate her body temperature. Hypothermia can occur really quickly in an ill Rabbit and obviously things then become a lot more serious.

Lots more vibes being sent xx

Is she indoors now ? If not I think it might be a good idea to bring her in as if she is poorly she will not be able to regulate her body temperature. Hypothermia can occur really quickly in an ill Rabbit and obviously things then become a lot more serious.

Lots more vibes being sent xx

No - going to wait for the advice of my vet before moving her

So he's given her sub cut fluids, metaclopromide and some other drug to help her tummy along (I forgot what it's called :oops:)

He can't really find a reason for this, teeth are ok, guts feel normal (albeit pretty empty) and gut noises all sounded quite normal.

Keeping a close eye on her this afternoon and hoping she will perk up and start eating soon.

Sadly Skye has gone downhill again, she's not eating or drinking for herself so I'm syringe feeding 3 x daily. She's also on metacam, emeprid and fibreplex (plus her usual septrin)

If she's no better by tomorrow evening we're going to see John Chitty, we were back at the vets today and did consider admitting her but felt shr would be best at home

Definitely have a bad feeling that there's something more sinister going on. She's got a lot of very complex medical issues as it is :(

Back