• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

One giant rabbit and a couple of tortoises....

SJH

Warren Veteran
So, my two tortoises have been to stay with me this weekend. They don't hibernate and have been in the dining room on their own. Hector doesn't have a clue what to make of them, in fact, I don't even think he realises they are real!

All evening, the tortoises have been tootling round the dining room with various greens on the floor for them and he's been asleep in the lounge. I've been, effectively, sitting between them.

Then, out of nothing, Hector decides to go on a raid and swipe a bit of lettuce. I've swiped it back now but, honestly, that bunny can move when he wants to!! He's still ignoring the tortoises though; it's all very odd to see!! It's sweet, baby-sitting them for a weekend :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So, my two tortoises have been to stay with me this weekend. They don't hibernate and have been in the dining room on their own. Hector doesn't have a clue what to make of them, in fact, I don't even think he realises they are real!

All evening, the tortoises have been tootling round the dining room with various greens on the floor for them and he's been asleep in the lounge. I've been, effectively, sitting between them.

Then, out of nothing, Hector decides to go on a raid and swipe a bit of lettuce. I've swiped it back now but, honestly, that bunny can move when he wants to!! He's still ignoring the tortoises though; it's all very odd to see!! It's sweet, baby-sitting them for a weekend :)

:lol: Bless him - see lettuce, take lettuce :lol:

Here we are:

The lively chaps:

Hector comes to investigate!!

I was too slow to get a "lettuce photo"!! :lol:

Bless him. He still doesn't really know what to make of them! They, on the other hand, have had a great weekend of exploring out of their usual surroundings :)

I love your tortoises. And Hector too.

My mum has a tortoise phobia (something to do with her nan's tortoise when she was a child ) but I think they're great.

Oh what splendid tortoises. And Hector so handsome!

Spenser: I want a tortoise - so that I can steal its noms!

Thank you all! I do love my tortoises :love: I've had them since I was little. They still live with my mum as her house/garden is more suitable but I babysit for the odd weekend when she isn't there.
They've been happily lapping my dining room though. Probably one lap to every 20 of Hector's laps!! It's been a little chaotic!! :lol:

Spenser: Hector says, "exactly!" :lol:

I love tortoises :love: and Hector is :love::love:

I've looked after a friend's tortoise in the past, Tatty Tortoise, she is over 50 years old. Tatty was having a very slow wander around our lawn and Humbug my cat didn't understand what she was. I think he thought she was a stone, when she moved he did a vertical take off with fright. :lol:

I love tortoises :love: and Hector is :love::love:

I've looked after a friend's tortoise in the past, Tatty Tortoise, she is over 50 years old. Tatty was having a very slow wander around our lawn and Humbug my cat didn't understand what she was. I think he thought she was a stone, when she moved he did a vertical take off with fright. :lol:

What a lovely name for a tortoise!

I don't know how old my two are but they were definitely adults when we got them so suspect they must be 40+ :)

Back