• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Fresh Herbs

Ruthyjones89

Mama Doe
Hi everyone,

I'm hoping to start planting my own little herb garden shortly and was just wondering what fresh herbs do bunnies tend to eat?!

I've been reading up and seem to read different things, so really appreciate any feedback! :)

Thanks, Ruth

Aww that's great, thank you! :) well so far, I've got mint, parsley & basil! So they'll also be added to the list!

Haha.. Me too :) my OH actually believes it for cooking, pffft course it's for my bunnies!!

Coriander, Sage and Rosemary are good as well. You could also try Dill and Fenugreek, got a feeling that they are going to have to be from seed though as I haven't managed to find any plants for my hooligans yet.

My bun eats parsley, mint, basil, coriander & rocket. I set some seeds today & put them in the kitchen window so here's hoping they grow! He also eats lavender & cleavers(goose grass) plantain & milk thistle. I'm going to have a go at growing some plantains this year as they aren't abundant around here :)

Hi everyone,

I'm hoping to start planting my own little herb garden shortly and was just wondering what fresh herbs do bunnies tend to eat?!

I've been reading up and seem to read different things, so really appreciate any feedback! :)

Thanks, Ruth

I've got lavender and rosemary (easy bushes), sage and thyme (they find too much thyme a bit on the strong side!), parsley and basil, mint and lemon balm ... Coriander and fenugreek are some that they also love but I haven't grown them.

It's not a herb, but plantain is very welcome too :D

Hi everyone,

Thanks, Ruth

That sounds like a great idea, they'll have hours of fun rooting around in there. :)

Loads of really great suggestions already but the only one I know they cannot have is chives as it is part of the onion family so not good for them!

My guys pretty much think if it's green it's edible :lol: basil always goes down a treat though!

Mint's best kept in pots as it'll spread like anything and crowd other stuff out, unless you want to use their gannetry to eat it up!

Back