• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Seat stealing house rabbits

*Funny*Bunny*

Warren Veteran
Do other bunnies do this?

I get up for 2 mins to pop to the loo, I come back and there's a bunny in my seat!!!! Often licking my seat! :roll:

Seriously it is just rude!!! :lol:

Sometimes His Lordship does just that. Other times, I'll get up to go to the loo and open the door only to find him sitting outside waiting.... Honestly, can I not have a moment's peace?! :lol:

If I go out of one door which leads upstairs, I come back to a bunny in my seat... if I go out of the other door which leads to the kitchen I come back to bunnies stood by their food bowls with their eyes firmly fixed on me :lol:

Do you mean like this :lol: I went to bed :D
b2c1dd60aff367fac86e79a265539efc.jpg

:lol: yep just like that!

I feel like they're saying "she's been sat here for hours, there must be something amazing here to have made her stay!"

I came down yesterday morning to one single Poop on my chair Rosie was cuddled in her cot and left poor Jessy sitting on the arm of the chair with the look of well that wasn't me :lol:

When I had Pipkin he would steal my seat all the time! Amy doesn't do it very often, but she does like sitting on things I need like a blanket, or my arm...

Always, problem is Meg can easily get from chair to desk :roll: she takes flying leaps at anything nowadays. :roll:

My two haven't lay on the sofa once in a year! They do get up on the sofa when I get down on the floor to play with them though :roll:

ETA. Maddie always licks the sofa too, strange little creatures!

Harribun is a nightmare because he'll steal your seat AS you're sitting down, so I often have to spring up again from the sofa or dinner table to avoid squishing him! :roll:

It seems to be quite a common bunny behaviour :lol:

My two haven't lay on the sofa once in a year! They do get up on the sofa when I get down on the floor to play with them though :roll:

ETA. Maddie always licks the sofa too, strange little creatures!

Mine don't lay on the sofa either, just sit there and watch me walk back in as if to say "ha! what are you going to do now?! Now you'll HAVE to go get treats!!!" :lol:

I like to think the licking is because it smells like me so it's almost like grooming me... although Lilly never grooms me so I'm not sure why she grooms my seat?!

Harribun is a nightmare because he'll steal your seat AS you're sitting down, so I often have to spring up again from the sofa or dinner table to avoid squishing him! :roll:

Hahaha daredevil bunny!

Lilly has now taken to sitting on the coffee table when I'm in my seat (so I can give her fusses easily and continuously) then hopping over the arm rest to my seat if I get up! Arthur is on the sofa walking all over me all the time, he has no qualms sitting on my laptop, no wonder he's always in my seat when I'm not in the room too :lol:

I like to think the licking is because it smells like me so it's almost like grooming me... although Lilly never grooms me so I'm not sure why she grooms my seat?!:

Maddie licks everything but me! :( Carpets, tiles, walls, sofa and even the top of their hut with that green stuff on top. She pretends she doesn't like fuss but she quite often starts licking things after I've stroked her so I've decided she secretly does like the attention and is just stubborn pretending she doesn't! :lol:

Back