• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Growling

mistymoo

New Kit
Hi. Every morning when I give my bunny her breakfasty greens, she makes this growly/squeaky noise at me. I'm not sure if she's being aggressive or if theirs something wrong, any advice? Shes about 1 1/2 xxxx :bunny::bunny::bunny::bunny:

fern grunts and charges at me when i surprise her, or try to move her things around :roll: is your bun neutered? i know grunting can be more common in unneutered females but obviously fern still does it so its no guarantee! :lol:

She's neutered, but she recently had to go to the vet for stress-related problems (foxes :((((() could that be related?

She's neutered, but she recently had to go to the vet for stress-related problems (foxes :((((() could that be related?

possibly! maybe she is just feeling extra protective or stressed. is she bonded? fern calmed down considerably when bonded with elmo. she does still grunt at me though and i think she always will. you could always take her to the vets just to rule out anything pain related. has she always done it or is it a new behaviour?

It developed after a fox broke in to the shed where she sleeps (she was all safe though and we've fixed it all up) about 1 month ago

i would have her checked out by a vet just to be on the safe side, it could be completely unrelated pain like dental or something, or late effects of a gastro upset brought on by stress? i've no idea as i'm not a vet! but it would be good to rule out pain before you treat it as a fear response :thumb:

Back