• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Aaarrghhhhhhhh.. moulting!!!

Fee

Wise Old Thumper
Well...

This weather up here is 10 degrees, yesterday it was 1 and the day before -3.

The bunnies havent a clue, and they are all showing signs of moult..I stroked Willow today and her fur just came away and looks scruffy. Chewy has moult and Obi so far is Okay...

This weather is murder,,,, if the temp drops again, will the moulting stop??

Fee x

mabels moult has finally come to end she has lovely beautiful black winter fur, however by next week she may decide its time to shed and get ready for spring :lol:

Lilly is moulting too, I think it's because we were at my parents' house for 2 weeks over Christmas and they have the heating on for longer and higher than we do at home! We've been back for 3 weeks now and it's definitely colder here, her coat is just all confused! Luckily as house rabbits I don't think I need to worry too much about what her coat thickness is. It is causing lots of fluff though! The worst thing about moults... extra bunny hairs in my eyes :evil:

My 2 are also outdoor bunnies and are also moulting, mainly around their haunches/back end. It's coming out in great big tufts but annoyingly they won't sit still long enough for me to pluck them; it's torture!!! :lol:

Arthur is sort of moulting... he's looking scruffy in some places so I've investigated worrying there's been a scuffle or something, but under the scruffy spots there's no scratches or bites, just patches of the new shorter fur growing through, but he's not lost his fur from over the top so it's just all scruffy in those patches! He's going to just dump his whole coat as once isn't he and I'm going to have a few days of hair EVERYWHERE! :lol: Lilly is a very gradual moulter so I can keep on top of her fluff easily!

Back