• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Full ... and exhausted

bunnymadhouse

Wise Old Thumper
Today we have taken in another 5 rabbits .

because of this I am posting the message below on all sites and forums I use .

thank you

The Barc rabbit section is now full .

The rabbit situation this winter is the worst I have ever known it .
If you have a rabbit / rabbits that you wish to rehome , please reconsider . Could you possibly find a way to keeping him/ her / them .
There are many ways of getting around problems if you give it a little thought .

If you must rehome them please do not advertise for free ... people are always on the look pout for free small animals to use for dog bait .
Check out any new homes .
If you approach a rescue please be polite . We cant work miracles and don't have expanding walls and limitless funds . Always offer a donation if we help .

and lastly , never , ever let your rabbit loose in the wild . This means certain death to your pet and is in fact illegal.

You do such an amazing job, I will continue to spread the rescue word and hope that homes can be found soon for the bunnies xx

If anyone says to me they're considering getting an animal I always always always tell them about the rescue situation, I hope I can encourage as many as possible to help out rescues and stop funding the pet trade. I've spread the word to people about putting animals on gumtree for free too, so many people don't realise the dangers of that and are so shocked

The animals in rescue are the lucky ones, so sad to hear this Winter has been so bad :( I hope things start improving asap

Sorry to hear things are so bad atm :cry: got my fingers crossed that lots of lovely new homes are found for your bunnies very soon :thumb:

Back