• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

My outdoor housing project - finishing touches are happening today!!!

HoneyBear

Mama Doe
Yay!
Pulled up the flower bed ready for the paving slabs to go down next week.
Pulling up 12 foot of flower bed wasn't the easiest task, I'm cold and muddy and my fingers are red raw :(
Will be so worth it though I really think there going to love it outside.

I'm going to use this thread to update on my progress, please feel free to post any tips on turning your inside bunnies into outside ones or outdoor housing building :)
Wish me luck!!

Last edited:
I'll take a picture of the space I dug out tomorrow it's sooooo big, I was to muddy when I came in today to take one haha!

Ooh exciting! What type of housing and run are you thinking of? I can recommend summerhouse/shed arrangement with attached covered aviary, my buns love it, and it's so easy for you to spend time with your buns no matter what the weather, I expect they'll miss you once their outside. Do you have an estimated time for completion?

Ooh exciting! What type of housing and run are you thinking of? I can recommend summerhouse/shed arrangement with attached covered aviary, my buns love it, and it's so easy for you to spend time with your buns no matter what the weather, I expect they'll miss you once their outside. Do you have an estimated time for completion?

We have gone for a kennel but customised it to suit the bunnies a bit more.

Here's a picture of the space I cleared out yesterday ready for the paving slabs.
The kennel is 4x11 foot it seems huge when you measure it out, so excited!!

(I do realise it doesn't look like much yet but ill post again when the slabs are down)

Very excited as we're laying the paving slabs today, then all I need to do is paint the fence behind and it can be delivered so exciting :)

We have a base, well 3/4 of a base, measured it completely wrong and now have to go buy some more slabs but it was getting a bit dark anyway so had enough for today.
My dad has been absolutely amazing helping get out with this :)

What a great space for a set up. I am looking forward to seeing updates. I love these kind of threads.

So I've brought the paint eeeek!
We have gone for cuprinol lavender as it'a my favourite colour. I'm painting the fences today and will post pictures later :)

Back