• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Little Bossie Flossie - Making herself at home

amaeving

Young Bun
After sadly loosing our 10 year old lop on new years eve we have had her husbun very sad and mopey around the house..

IMG_3955.jpg

Even though it had been decided we wouldn't replace her when she went it broke my heart to see poor little bobbles so mopey, so..... Today we went and picked up little Flozza - an 8 wk old minilop from an unwanted and unexpected litter.

IMG_3981-2.jpg

IMG_3983-1.jpg

As you can see she is still quite overwhelmed with life, though so is currently sleeping it off in a dog crate - she will be vaccinated on monday and then can begin the bonding with Bobbles. They have already had nose sniffs through the mesh - resulting in both toddling off to munch on hay.

IMG_3982.jpg

IMG_3984.jpg

Having had a tummy dental bun for the last 4 years in Jem my major requisite was that they had good poo's... Hers are lovely and golden <3

Last edited:
Awww that first pic is so sad :(

Your new little girl is very sweet. Sending plenty of vibes for happy bonding :D

So flossie has been settling in well - she has earned the name bossy flossy!

IMG_3995.jpg

Bob isn't quite sure about this crazy little bunny who has come to live in his house. They have had one date on neutral territory where he was quite grumpy, but soon settled down and they had a small grooms off - neither would give in but kept popping their head below each other. They did settle down and lay next to each other.

IMG_3991-1.jpg

She is however very cheeky and into everything - and can easily jump 3ft as we found out (with bob 4 times her size not deigning to even hop over a one foot barrier, instead preferring to wait the other side of it and look sad until you move it for him!

IMG_3996-1.jpg

Oh my she is a very pretty little lady. :love: :love:

Not that it matters, but are you sure about her breed. As she looks more like a Dwarf Lop with her delicate slender face and sloping nose/bunny mouth. Mini Lop faces are typically quite flat and squishy. Also she appears to be quite big for 8 weeks in your photos. She's still gorgeous though.

amaeving where are you from, as in other country Dwarf Lops are Mini Lops and Mini Lops are Holland Lops.

re her breeding - she could well be a dwarf rather than a mini - we were told mini but she is much finer than her predecessor facially.. She is 9 weeks today - she is quite big but was from a litter of two - still weighs less than two of my giggly pigs however...

Here is a gratuitous flossie picture just because she is a cutie. She is however in trouble as her project when i was at work today was to chew all the wood from the wooden doorstep through a puppy pen panel splitting her and bob currently.

IMG_4004.jpg

IMG_4007.jpg

She looks like a right little sassy lady! Good luck with bonding [emoji813] I bonded Belle to Binx at 9 weeks old and it went very well. After her spay I popped her back with him within a week as I was worried about the bond breaking, and he was accepting and happy to have her back.

Yes I agree she isn't a mini lop with her traditional rabbit face shape. Beautiful girl cuddles [emoji813]

its one of those funny ones - jem and bob lived in the same accommodation for 7 years and never contemplated chewing - flossie has already chewed the doorstep, pulled the board below the cupboards off and tried to squeeze into my fathers cupboard of alcohol! Bob just look on in horror - you can see him saying well i would never behave like that, but she just doesn't care!!

They have bonded like a dream - bob however is very tried at how busy flossy is, his sedentary sleeping and napping has been put on hold to follow this small crazy bunny around to check she is ok - he doesn't like to let her out his sight!

IMG_4087-1.jpg

as you can see she also can do amazing dbf's when she has finally tired herself out

IMG_4088.jpg

Back