• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Rabbits used in "art display" in NYC!

Lisa F

Mama Doe
You really can pass anything off as "art" these days but it really makes me angry when animals are dragged into it!

This "artist" is using rabbits in a live performance art display. I'm sure the rabbits love being dragged around on stage on leads, with lots of flashy lights and crowds of cheering people! :censored:

http://www.thepetitionsite.com/182/764/384/moma-please-stop-anne-imhofs-cruel-performance/

And some pics of it can be seen here: http://www.sandrachile.com/journal/2015/1/21/rabbit-campaign-update

Signed. Putting them in small glass cubes does not send across the right message either!

I agree, putting rabbits in a small glass cube doesn't send the right message across. On reading this thread at first however, it came across as though this is a repeated performance, which the rabbits are being subjected to every day, for several days.

From looking at the MOMA:pS1 website, the performance took place on Sat and Sunday afternoon last weekend. What is being shown now is a video of that performance. It's impossible to tell without seeing the actual performance or video of it, how long the buns were in the container for, whether it was both days, lasted 5 mins, was for the whole performance, or how long each actual live performance lasted.

The information given about the performance is:
<In her inaugural U.S. solo project, Anne Imhof works with a group of performers, composers, lawyers, and a family of rabbits. Incorporating sequences from the artist’s earlier works, School of the Seven Bells (SOTSB)(2013) and Rage (2014), DEAL unfolds over the course of two days and in two different locations simultaneously. Through the continuous reintroduction of structural motifs the work focuses on coded transactions between participants. The result is an image that gradually emerges in time.>

I can't find any video footage online to watch of the MOMA performance. I did find some stills from what looks to be a museum or gallery exhibition of her work with a donkey and people in it.

Back