• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Outdoor bunny needs

Cucumber lives outside and she used to be able to hop on the grass when it wasn't raining but in my new house I don't have any grass so she's on paving stones (or soil because she likes to sit there) all day. Obviously she has lots of hay in her sleeping section of her hutch which is nice and soft but I was wondering, do you think I should get her some sort of cushion to sit on? I don't know if it would be uncomfortable for her to be on paving slabs all the time. Thanks!

Many ideas here......a deep plastic storage box filled with hay; carpet tiles; vet bed; .....my personal preference would be the first one. Warm and cosy, and also providing hay to chew whilst sitting and contemplating about more.................FOOD!!!:lol:

Slabs are good for wearing down their claws.:thumb:

Many ideas here......a deep plastic storage box filled with hay; carpet tiles; vet bed; .....my personal preference would be the first one. Warm and cosy, and also providing hay to chew whilst sitting and contemplating about more.................FOOD!!!:lol:

Slabs are good for wearing down their claws.:thumb:

Thank you :) I was wondering about a storage box with hay in but I wanted something that she could hop in and out of so I'm not sure if that would work or not. It would be good if I could get one that has a side that comes down but I don't think such a thing exists!

Thank you :) I was wondering about a storage box with hay in but I wanted something that she could hop in and out of so I'm not sure if that would work or not. It would be good if I could get one that has a side that comes down but I don't think such a thing exists!

Buy a storage box, and with the help of a little hacksaw cut away what size opening you want, or even buy a seedling tray which has sloping sides.

Mine used to have an litter tray and hay tray as well as a fleece blanket to cuddle up on in their run and used all of them.

I don't think it's a good idea at all to get a friend for Cucumber, she gets very jealous and aggressive towards other things that get my attention! I also don't have space to take on an extra bunny and I don't think Cucumber would like like not being the centre of attention anymore :)

Back