• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Comfy beds

Alicia

Mama Doe
I have 2 rabbits and 2 guinea-pigs I'd like to get some comfy beds for them, I was looking at those little igloo cat beds and would like something like that or similar. Where have people got theirs from? What sort of bed have you got for them? I'm looking online but if anyone could recommend one that would be great.

My outside bunnies have a doughnut style cat bed made of fleece, Boots, my indoor bun has an ikea doll bed with a fleece pad bed on it :thumb:

Beds, where do I start?!
Well, there is a cat bed in the kitchen. It has a draw-string to gather it into an open bed with sides but his lordship prefers it flat.
There is a human beanbag in the lounge which he loves but that's probably a bit excessive if your bun is "nomal" in size.
There is the insert to a plastic dog bed on the landing.
And then there is the real bed in the spare room but we won't go into that!!
I think the cat bed is probably his favourite :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Am interested in this topic too - I am currently using two oval vetbeds & carpet sample mats placed around which they seem to prefer? Cost effective enough to replace if we have any um, 'accidents' of the pee kind!

I too use carpet samples, but also the fleece beds that are sold on here by Tracey. That is a firm favourite.

ETA -

Last edited:
I've bought four or five beds for the buns over the years. Soft ones, fleecy ones, igloo ones made of the same stuff their bunny bed is made from and no matter what I ever put in their room, Meg preferred to lay under the radiator on the floor (the radiator is off) and Hugh would rather push all the straw out of his way in his cage and lay on the cold plastic. :roll:

My lovelies will wee on soft beds so I use vetbed with plastic and newspaper underneath to soak up the wee. It has to be changed often.

Back