• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Anyone willing to video their rabbit hopping? - Particularly nethies!

Tamsin

Administrator
Staff member
I was wondering if anyone was willing to do a little video of their rabbit hoping so I can measure the distance of a hop?

I measured Scamp hops, but I'd really like some Netherland hop and big bun hop measurements or any bun inbetween. All you need to do is pop some markers 30cm (1') apart and then film your bun hopping past them.

Here is me doing it with Scamp: http://www.therabbithouse.com/blog/2011/06/26/length-rabbit-hop/

I can then take screen captures from your video and work out one hop length.

The markers can be anything, just because it's much easier to see than a tape, cups, sticks in the ground, chalk on a wall.

Anyone?

Those out-takes were brilliant :lol:
I'll have a go with my three - but I don't hold out much hope for getting them to do what I want!

Thanks :D Good luck, I think I ended up leaving the camera running for ages to get one take where he hopping in a straight line :lol:

Ok, I'll try. I just need to find somewhere where I can stand back enough to get the big man in the shot!! I think I'll need the OH and some tasty food for a bribe.... :lol:

When do you need it? I'm working tomorrow and away next week but might have time a week on Sunday.

Delilah doesn't hop.................she pounces BIG TIME!!!!! Well she is 7kgs of big, boisterious, bashful, feisty...and occasionally friendly bunny!!!! OUCH!!!

I'll give it a try but I'm not hopeful I'll succeed :lol: mine aren't nethies though, got a 3.3kg and a 1.7kg bunny so they cover the in between nicely! (can't try today but hopefully over the weekend)

I'll have a go tomorrow but my buns are just dwarf lops so no special sizes here!

On another note, I think you are a bunny whisperer :shock: Loki adores nose rubs and will settle down and tooth purr but that flop of Scamp's at the end of the outtakes was lovely :love:

Awwwwwwww cute video
Will try with Waffs and DP tomorrow night. Might put them in travel basket at one end with food at other end so that in theory they run straight to the food
Theory and bunnies don't always go together but it sounds like a Plan anyway!!

I could probably do this with mine when they come out for their food. Just depends on if I get time to set it up or not! Nutmeg is half nethie, I suspect, and is about the size of a Nethie, maybe slightly larger.

Just to say, I don't mind seeing your outtakes either :lol:

I really want to prove bunny hop length. Scamp's pretty small but being a wild bunny possibly not typical - well he might be, we'll find out :D I can't find anywhere that's measured hops in different breeds. The more the merrier really as leg length/ear lift might play a part too :lol:

Might put them in travel basket at one end with food at other end so that in theory they run straight to the food
Theory and bunnies don't always go together but it sounds like a Plan anyway!!
This is a good plan! I shall also try it once I've installed the new run bit so he can do more than 4 in any direction! I reckon I can establish the length using the run sides and maths ;P

OH wants to make a Perspex runway and put a large treat at the end..... :lol:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OH wants to make a Perspex runway and put a large treat at the end..... :lol:

It would either work brilliantly or they'd stop half way along and decide it needed another entrance/exit and you'd just have half an hour video of bunny teeth instead :lol:

It would either work brilliantly or they'd stop half way along and decide it needed another entrance/exit and you'd just have half an hour video of bunny teeth instead :lol:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just wanted to say I haven't forgotten about this! We're having an unexpected and rather hectic decorating week so I've not had time yet.

Back