• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

more bunnies needing rescue space ...will it never end

bunnymadhouse

Wise Old Thumper
this week we are trying to help out with someone is is trying to find space for buns from a hoarder ... there were 22 in total I think .. we are taking 4 .

Today I was tagged into a facebook post from someone needing help with 20+ buns .

had a call yesterday about a pair .

Just had message on the Barc facebook page asking us to take 7 babies ..

*sigh*

It gets worse and worse. :cry:

There seems to be a number of big 20+ rescues at the moment. :(

The Birmingham rescue which is closing down?

If people only rescued from rescues then there'd be more space I feel sure that since the adoption centres in a famous shop which I refer to as Pets at Risk opened, things haven gotten worse. Not just because people go there to rescue rather than the reputable rescues locally but also I am being asked more and more to take bunnies in who were adopted from them too. One call yesterday to give up a VIP bunny and the owner had tried all of the local branches but they are full and can't help.

I have never known it so bad for people getting rid or dumping. :-(

The situation does indeed seem worse than ever ... vibes for all the poor bunnies needing placed, and for those at the front line of requests for help.

If people only rescued from rescues then there'd be more space I feel sure that since the adoption centres in a famous shop which I refer to as Pets at Risk opened, things haven gotten worse. QUOTE]

Scrappy's previous owner was originally going to put her there :( I'm really glad I managed to persuade my landlord to let me adopt her instead.

Back