• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

For WW- Some Oldies That I Have Adopted Over The Years

Jack's-Jane

Wise Old Thumper
Rupert was 8. He was part of a rescue from a Breeder who had left all his Rabbits to starve to death. Bobtails Rescue stepped in to help. Sadly Rupert was already in renal failure as a result of dehydration/starvation. So he was not with us for very long. But he did at least get to feel the sun on his back for the first time in a long time.

Ruffles was signed over to Bobtails Rescue at the age of 12. The reason given was that he was a much loved family Pet, but all the 'children' had moved away to Uni and the Father was not able to give Ruffles the care he needed. So the Father did the right thing in contacting Bobtails Rescue for help

Grandpa Gregory was 10. He was signed over to Bobtails as his previous owners could no longer care for him

Major Tom was about 8. He was signed over to ARC as he had severe but treatable Dental problems that his owners were not able to afford to have treated.

Uncle Albert was 8. He was taken in to a local Vet to be PTS because he had become 'too smelly' and 'too old'. He actually had an infection in his mouth, skin disease, Dental problems and he was emaciated. However, he was in remarkably good spirits and the Vet felt he deserved a chance. So a local Rescue was contacted. They took him in and then contacted me to see if I could get my Vet to help him. Uncle A was a remarkable Rabbit, C actually had to give him 'mouth-to-mouth' and CPR when he arrested during a GA. He rallied and started eating almost straight away !

Old Bill was about 8. He was found by the Met Police (hence Old Bill's name!!) when they were called out to a house where there had been a 'sudden death'. The Police contacted ARC who took Old Bill in and I adopted him a couple of days later.

It's wonderful that these bunnies were able to live out the remainder of their lives feeling happy and loved.

Thank goodness the vet decided to give Uncle Albert a chance. 'Too old and too smelly'...what an appalling reason for wanting an animal pts. :cry:

They're all lovely :love: I'm glad they got to experience a loving home and a happy life, even if just for a short time.

I can't imagine my buns being too old or smelly :cry: I love them as naughty youngsters and I'll love them just as much when they're grumpy old buns!

Elderly Bunnies are really rewarding to care for. They may only be with us for a short time, but it is such a privilege to look after them at the end of their lives xx

They're all lovely :love: I'm glad they got to experience a loving home and a happy life, even if just for a short time.

I can't imagine my buns being too old or smelly :cry: I love them as naughty youngsters and I'll love them just as much when they're grumpy old buns!

This. I'd never give up on my bunnies no matter how old or "smelly". Well done Jane for adopting these lovely pensioners :love:

This also.

My bridge bun was not that old but certainly would have been "too smelly" for someone with that attitude. All he needed was special care and TLC. To think what might have happened if he hadn't been with me... :cry:

Lovely old men Jane!! :love:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Aw, they're all such stars! When I've stopped working, maybe I will live out my 10-year-old self's ambition to take on all the old bunnies and look after them until their time to go :) Love old bunnies!

Back