• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

WW: Can complaining online make a difference?

Tamsin

Administrator
Staff member
It doesn't take much searching to find products online that say 'for rabbits' but none of us would put anywhere near a rabbit. I want to know if we can make a difference complaining, what do you think?

My challenge to you is to find something online to complain about - a tiny hutch, ridiculous toys, bad treats, terrible dry food or bad advice and write an email (a polite one please) to the company/website and let them know why you think that product is bad and ask them to remove/change their website.

I've just written to Amazon about a couple of small hutches, waiting for a reply.

I think it would be good to keep a tally of how many places we write too and how many positive changes we achieve.

And because I think making a difference deserve a little reward, I'll get the buddies to pick five people that take part to get a badge :)

Over the years I have sent several 'constructive criticisms' but they usually fall on deaf ears :cry: Especially those to a well known large Pet Shop chain.

I hope others have more luck as it is important to keep chipping away.

I had a thread on here about Trago Mills. They ignored two online communications and a written one!

At another members suggestion I have written a formal complaint. (About the lack of response but incorporated my original messages!)

Complaints submitted via a company's FB page (if they have one) can sometimes obtain a more prompt response. Hopefully not just the deleting of the complaint though !!

I have just politely complained to my local garden centre about a small hutch, now Im on a roll Ill keep an eye out today and complain away!! I do think its important to complain in a polite way and hopefully one day it will all make a difference!!! x

I've complained about small enclosures at pet and garden centres and about some online adverts with rabbits being advertised as live bait or in poor conditions. The adverts have been removed. Sadly the pet store Jolleys did nothing about the very small size of their rabbit enclosures, four bunnies with no hay and water in a 2x3 glass enclosure.

I had a thread on here about Trago Mills. They ignored two online communications and a written one!

Your thread inspired this one :) I know you haven't got them to change yet but keep plugging away. I do think we can make a difference.

Has anyone else spotted anything online recently? If you don't want to complain yourself then you could post them up here for someone else to complain about. Anyone else seen small hutches? I'm all ready to type!

Your thread inspired this one :) I know you haven't got them to change yet but keep plugging away. I do think we can make a difference.

Has anyone else spotted anything online recently? If you don't want to complain yourself then you could post them up here for someone else to complain about. Anyone else seen small hutches? I'm all ready to type!

But that contravenes Forum Rules Boss !! :lol:

I've complained recently about the cage suitable for 3-5 rabbits and they took that part of the advert down, so a win although would rather no one sells the 3ft cages at all for rabbits!

I emailed The Range again last week as our local one is stocking some of the small 3.5ft/4ft double hutches, but that wasn't the main reason I emailed.. They are stocking those Orpington (I think that's what they're called!) hutches again.. There was even a garden statue of a bunny in it (which I removed :oops:) and it was on a wonk because of its sticky up ears. If a statue can't even fit then why shove a poor bunny in it :evil:

I'm hoping to get a reply!

I'll have a look round tomorrow. I guess you could always email the one I emailed about saying it's not suitable for a rabbit at all and see if they advertise it just for hamsters and piggies!

Please don't, you know lynch me or anything, but do we really have to ban 3ft cages altogether for rabbits? They're kinda useful for hiding places. And since not selling stock is going to probably be a no go for anyone currently offering these, maybe we could have them advertised for rabbits as 'not suitable as full or part time living conditions but useful accessories as part of a full, xx square foot rabbit enclosure?'

I do see your point (no lynching I promise) but I think the trouble is some people don't read the detail or just pick the cheapest option that looks like a hutch. I've seen some nice hidey boxes pop up here and there though so I think there is a market for that, but maybe products aimed specifically for that purpose that don't come with the option to close a bunny up in it :)

Yeah. I see how that's probably the best thing. I guess I'm just looking for a way to solve the issue without the total loss to the seller, because that's obviously going to be harder to achieve.

So into the melee! I'll stop the sidebar and go look for retailers to help educate :)

I've just sent a polite e-mail to Aquatix-2U aking them to relist their 3ft hutches as not suitable for rabbits together with a link to the RWA :D. Fingers crossed.

Back