• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Monthly Weigh In

Tamsin

Administrator
Staff member
Pet obesity is a hot topic at the moment and I think it's something us rabbit owners need to keep an eye on too. It can be quite tough to judge whether a rabbit is getting a bit plump so the best way is to weigh them on scale. It also means that is you are worried your rabbit might be losing weight, you know what they normally weigh to compare.

I'll start things off...

Scamp is 1.43kg.

I'll bump this topic up once a month and we can all re weigh :D

Jo- 2.4kg

Enya- 2.45kg

Dermot- 2.6kg

Lady Lydia- 3.01kg

Endeavour- 2.7kg

Elyse- 2.4kg

Lord Herbert 2.43kg

Jessica - 2.17kg

Flynn- 2.7kg

Harry- 2.2kg

Bobbie- 2.6kg

Daft question but how do I weigh my bunnies? I'd love to be able to monitor their weight, I'm sure Blueberry is losing weight, but I don't know :(

Daft question but how do I weigh my bunnies? I'd love to be able to monitor their weight, I'm sure Blueberry is losing weight, but I don't know :(

Kitchen or bathroom scales if you have them - kitchen tend to be more accurate. Then you can either tempt them to sit still or pop them in a carrier and then weigh it empty and take that away to give the actual weight.

Let us know how you get on!

If you haven't got any decent scales, I've got some parcel scales I can lend you to weigh him :thumb:

Is that a real thing? If so cool idea!

It is indeed a real thing!! It plots a graph of weight :)

Trouble is, the little Mii things are either "cat" or "dog". My old Frenchie had to be "a dog" because the dog has floppy ears. Hector has to be a a "cat"..... :lol:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Barney is 3 kg (about 0.7kg underweight)
Annabella is 2.26kg (overweight)

I bought baby scales so I could keep track of their weight without going to the vet, as Barney needs weighing at least once a week now.

I've tried weighing at home before but my kitchen scales only go up to 2kg and my bathroom scales are woefully inaccurate. Anyone have any recommendations of relatively cheap but accurate scales?

I've tried weighing at home before but my kitchen scales only go up to 2kg and my bathroom scales are woefully inaccurate. Anyone have any recommendations of relatively cheap but accurate scales?

These are the baby scales I bought, not sure how cheap you meant but these are cheap for baby ones. They measure up to 2 decimal places, so accurate to 10g. Because it is flat I can just plonk them on and they don't freak out.
https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B009PJHPXC/ref=cm_sw_r_awd_P8cWub1JCP9PG

Just weighed Blueberry and Blackavar. Can't weigh the others until my baby scales arrive next week.

Blueberry is 1.2kg
Blackavar is 1.6kg
Cherry was 1.59kg two weeks ago at the vets.

Lilly 3.2kg (she tends to range between 3.2 and 3.4, but usually at the upper end so I was surprised by this!)
Arthur 1.8kg (my teeny weeny ickle bunny :love:)

Back