• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Ideas for an easy clean Hidey Den

o-Chloe-o

Mama Doe
Hi All! :wave:

Ill like to get a little hidey den for my buns however ideally Id like it to be all plastic (or at least at the bottom) so its easy to clean...

Anyone have any ideas?

I started giving them cardboard boxes but they just wee and poo in them and I have to get rid after a day!!!

xx

Thanks I was thinking that but Im not sure how to cut it and think perhaps doing it myself would leave it with sharp edges... :( If I could something like that... but pre-done, that would be ideal!!! x

What about a cardboard box without a bottom sitting in a plastic litter tray? Or you could get a plastic igloo and put it on a plastic gravel tray or similar.

You should be able to sand the edges of a storage box if you cut a hole. If you'd like something pre-made try a cat loo/igloo - they are basically a tray with a dome over the top. Or, you can get wooden hides without a bottom that you could either put in a tray or just on the ground if it's outside/easy clean floor :)

I would suggest filing or sanding too, but you can glue that foam pipe insulation round it too: cut a hole in the side and slot it over! As long as the buns don't eat it :roll: Or protect it with cloth or something?

Thanks all, may attempt the DIY effort this weekend, or just buy a cat igloo! - that is a good idea so thank you! My buns appear to be very good at the art of demolition so definitely needs something solid!! Lol xxx

If you're in the UK, petsathome sell a small animals igloo style thing. My bunny loves it and its super easy to clean

Back