• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Silent hiccups?!

Ruthyjones89

Mama Doe
Hi everyone,

I have recently noticed a couple of times now with both my bunnies... They sometimes have what look like hiccups! They don't make a noise, but just shake for I'd say around 30 seconds and more so after eating and drinking.

Is this bunny hiccups due to maybe eating & drinking quickly or is this something I should worry about and get checked?

Thanks xx

Lilly gets hiccups regularly, they're usually silent and like little shudders every couple of seconds for however long they last for, I find it really funny :lol: sometimes she makes a little noise with the hiccups too! It doesn't bother her at all though, I don't even think she notices when she has them! Harvey rarely had them, but he did a couple of time. Arthur has so far not had the hiccups in front of me!

Hiccups are nothing to worry about if that's what they are! If you think they look like hiccups they probably are, Lilly's definitely look like hiccups!

Hiya, aww that's great thank you! :)

Yeah I'm pretty sure they are hiccups, and haha my honey has them quite abit, bless her.. Thank you that's great!

It's her little face that gets me every time, as she looks so shocked when she has them! I've got a Harvey too, and he's only had them a couple of times. But he is a greedy boy! :)

Back