• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Group of 6?

Nicola1

Wise Old Thumper
Im thinking about trying to bond my pair and quad into a group of 6 - do you think it's too risky.

Some of you may remember I've bonded big groups before I've had a group of 10 before. Harvey and misha did fight but I've managed to get fighting bunnies together and they were buddies before. Harvey used to be part of the quad and sometimes I worry he misses them - but don't know if it's worth the risk - ideas? :)

I didn't want to read and run.. I have no advice to offer but some people have very large groups...

If you are going ahead... Lots of bonding vibes coming your way!!!!

Only you know the characters of your bunnies and you already know the risks involved in bonding big groups.

Are there any advantages for you/them if you can get the two groups together?
Can you cope with 6 individual rabbits (unlikely, but possible)?

If the answers are both yes then go for it :thumb: and good luck.

My only attempt at bonding was three pairs into a group of six. One of the pairs did not want to be part of the group so I now have a quad and a pair.

http://forums.rabbitrehome.org.uk/s...-19-update-now-a-quad-More-pics!&highlight=bo

Only you will know if your rabbits are a good mix. My quad are all around two years old, two brothers bonded to two sisters. The other pair were slightly older (around 5 and 6) and have been together for many years.

I also (now) have a pair of belgian hares. I dont feel that any of mine would want to be part of a large group.

If you have plenty of space for separate set ups if needed and if you feel that your rabbits are compatable it could work. I also reakon that groups need plenty of space and plenty of resources so that there doesnt have to be too much competition. Good luck.

Good luck. I now have a quad, three girls bonded with single boy. The bonding was fairly easy however the rescue where all four buns did it for me on neutral terrirory, they were then brought home to a new area also.

Back