• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Little Gracie ... recovering from blockage surgery

Bunny Buddy

Wise Old Thumper
Gracie ... SECOND blockage surgery... she's gone

She's not eating. :( It's been a little over an hour since I was first aware. I'm giving it about 2 hours in total, so about 8pm til I call the vet. She's not behaving in pain, just quiet, if that changes she will go sooner. She did sniff a treat at one point but hasn't taken anything.

Eating vibes would be appreciated. Both for her sake and the fact I really, really don't want to go out in case the snow starts up again.

Last edited:
Poor girlie :cry: Has her poo output been OK today ?

Sending vibes for her xx

There are some of her usual 'cannon balls' from the last 24 hours, I gave her new hay at about 2pm and some appear to be on top of that so hopefully they are from the last few hours.

Please, please pray for my beautiful Gracie.

She's about to go into surgery:cry::cry:

I'll be devastated if anything happens to her, I don't want her to be part of the "harlequin curse"

Prayers and vibes for Gracie being sent with all due speed.
(((((((((Massive hugs))))))))))))) for you. xxxx

Thank you for the vibes. I haven't had enough time with my precious girl, she's only a little over 2, I've only had her 16 months... nowhere near long enough.... I need to tell her how much she means to me.

The roads were absolutely awful on the journey there, it took 90 minutes to do a journey that can take only 35 because the main road was ungritted and after a snow flurry. I completely lost control a few times including on 'Blubberhouses' which is a steep windy road with a big drop (barrier at side of course). When I got to the low part on the road and had a steep ungritted up hill to go forward or turn back, I thought, "What the hell am I doing this for? I passed a vets 10 miles back.. it's just stasis." . I wasn't though, I'm so grateful I did that scary journey to give my little Gracie the best chance.

I totally empathize with rushing an ill bunny to the vets on snowy, windy roads. ((((((More hugs)))))) Nothing scarier. Very glad you are okay too. Sounds a monstrous trip. :(
Really hoping all will be well. Thinking of you and Gracie. xxxx

I totally empathize with rushing an ill bunny to the vets on snowy, windy roads. ((((((More hugs)))))) Nothing scarier. Very glad you are okay too. Sounds a monstrous trip. :(
Really hoping all will be well. Thinking of you and Gracie. xxxx

:love: Thank you.

The vet was hoping to ring me in about an hour, it's nearly two hours. I hope everything is going okay. I'm kind of thinking there is just the one vet on call and another emergency may have happened.

I would think its just that they have had afew things to do.I know how worrying it is when youre waiting for a call from the vets and they are longer than they say they will be but its usually a simple reason.Hope they give you an update soon.x

I would think its just that they have had afew things to do.I know how worrying it is when youre waiting for a call from the vets and they are longer than they say they will be but its usually a simple reason.Hope they give you an update soon.x

Thanks. I keep thinking what if she has decided its too late to ring... but I know they know I live for my rabbits and wouldn't sleep away so know I need to know how it's gone. It's a very late night for them if they are still busy :(

She's got through the surgery :D:D The next two hours are still critical but she's through the worst of it.

The blockage was a massive faecal pellet that was in the narrow bit (forgot the technical name) just leaving the stomach, it was properly wedged, it was quite difficult to move along given how big it was (that's what you get for eating cannonball sized poops).

I'm so grateful to our wonderful vet, Heather, for making this call. It was the x-rays with fluid in the stomach that gave her the indication, then a second x-ray an hour later where the gas hadn't moved.

That car journey was from hell but if it's saved my little Gracie it was sooo worth it.

Thank you for the vibes everyone.

Back