• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Outdooors to indoors?

dawsom18

New Kit
My rabbits Nero and Cinnamon are moving with me to a new house, where the garden is shared. They are outside rabbit's just now and I have a nice cosy shed where the hutch and all their toys are! But I don't feel comfortable leaving them in this new house' garden.

Would the transition of going from outdoors to indoors be okay for them?

Yep it would be fine, you may want to slowly increase the temperature in their room though rather than putting them in a fully heated house straight away. They'll have a big moult and lose their winter coat.

The most important thing is that they can't go outside till it's warm again, normally April is the earliest, so make sure you're prepared and happy to have them inside for a few months.

Thanks for your advice.

Is it not normal for them to moult? They have been moulting a bit lately but I stay in Scotland so the temperature has dropped over the last 2-3 weeks..

Back