• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Baby ratties!!!

Vegan_Bunny

Warren Veteran
Here are some nice piccies of Rohan and Roac. Rohan is the fawn and Roac is the cream. :love: Roac is currently under treatment for a respiratory infection so they won't be bonded with Radagast until he is better. They are settling in amazingly and are already confident and curious little creatures. :love:

They are inseparable. Always snuffling up together and play fighting.

Roac is very bold despite seeming to be the most skittish of the two at first.

Rohan is just as mischievous and usually first to the door.

He could smell Radagast. I hope they get on!

My fave pic of Rohan. :love: I need to find out exactly what his markings are. I *think* he's a silver fawn berkshire. Roac is apparently an argente cream but I'm not sure about that as I don't really know that colour!

I would put the darker boy as argente or just a light silver fawn as he's quite pale, both of which come with the white tummy as they're agouti based (if he were berkshire the line would be more pronounced, like a dutch rabbit's saddle) - http://ratvarieties.com/type/silver-fawn/ and http://ratvarieties.com/type/argente-creme/. The lighter one looks pew to me, if there is some creaminess irl then champagne. They look like very sweet lovelies :)

Hi, thank you for that! I posted on FR and someone said the silver fawns have pale bellies. I never knew that! I can see how the colour comes from agouti mind you. I thought Champagne for Roac but I've had a champagne self before and he looks too pale. I will see how he is when he's grown up a bit. He's still got the really soft baby fur. :love: I'll check out the link you said. I've never heard of pew before.

Edit: Just realised you mean pink eyed white. :lol: Sorry. I'm having a bit of a dumb day. I was going to say I thought he was just a pink eyed white. :lol:

Last edited:
He could also be champagne hooded... Which can appear pew once they grow up a bit anyway! Or small chance he was silver faun roan, as they fade quite quickly. :)

He could also be champagne hooded... Which can appear pew once they grow up a bit anyway! Or small chance he was silver faun roan, as they fade quite quickly. :)

I think he is just a PEW. He may be champagne as he has a "dirty" coloured back in the right light. We shall see when he grows up. He is a lovely colour but I must say Rohan is absolutely stunning. I have always wanted a silver fawn. I think he's going to be a big lad since he's a good bit bigger than little Roac.

Yeah - the dirty back look is hard to distinguish between buck grease and a champ hood unless you've seen them when they were very small! I just call my similar boy a pew too ;) Silver fawns are awesome, though I must admit I'm a topaz girl at heart :p Big squishie boys are dreamy <3

Yeah - the dirty back look is hard to distinguish between buck grease and a champ hood unless you've seen them when they were very small! I just call my similar boy a pew too ;) Silver fawns are awesome, though I must admit I'm a topaz girl at heart :p Big squishie boys are dreamy <3

I hope he gets big. I've never had a really big cuddly ratty. :love: Oooh I love the Topaz colour. :love: You have to post some pics of your ratties up!

Back