• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bunny's routine

danih

Young Bun
What's your routine with your bunnies - cleaning, feeding, health checks etc?

At the minute I do a fresh feed in the morning, and top up hay. In the evening I do a clean, put down fresh hay, and they get a dry and a fresh feed. Top up water bottles as necessary.

Alfrid has breakfast anywhere between 9 and 12 - depends what time I get up! He also has his meds and a run around (he's in a puppy pen/dog crate set up) and then goes back in for a sleep of his own choice. He then gets a snack around 5pm (a fibafirst stick, or a crunchie, or some greens) along with fresh hay. Then anytime after tea I'll go sit with him (as I am doing now), he can have a run if he wants (sleeping at the moment!) or some fuss or whatever. He doesn't get his actual pellets/meds/fresh water until 11.30/12/12.30pm though, which is when I go to bed.

I weigh him once every 1-2weeks, check his nails/eyes etc when I see him and try and give him a good run over with my hands when I weigh him. Mainly I just go by how he looks.

Fresh food at 8ish plus top up hay.I try to sit with them for abit especially at the weekend

Dry forage at lunch time most days but some days it has to wait til evening.

Hay and small amount of fresh food between 6 and 8pm.Will spend some time with them playing, nose rubs etc

Pellets (so they've got something to munch on during the night)and hay at 11ish.

Empty and refill litter trays and fresh water daily.Wash food/water bowls every other day

I check bums twice a week in the winter and 2-3 times a day in the summer.
Nails as needed and noses,eyes etc every other day.

Ive just bought (baby)scales as 2 of my buns have health issues and its useful to weigh them weekly(or more)if im worried.

Last edited:
Approx 9.30am - let them into the garden for a bounce about while I do litter trays, top up hay, check water, put out breakfast (handful of muesli and 2 Fibafirst sticks each). That takes about 15 minutes or so as I'm also checking the girls themselves to make sure they're not a) digging or b) eating anything other than the grass. Open the tunnel to the run again.

Lunch time for me, say 1pm, I may poke my head around the shed door to ensure they're okay, give them a nose rub and that's it.

4pm (later in summer), let them out for another bounce around the garden, put the shed light on, pellet time for tea.

9pm after heating 2 heat pads they get their supper of a handful of dried herbs and 2 Fibafirst sticks each, I fluff up the hay on the shed floor, close the tunnel to the run (it's way too cold I think to let them have access to the run at night), put the heat pads in, give them a fuss and turn off the light, remove the shed door key and that's it until the following morning.

I forgot to say that when they're bouncing around the garden I can see their little bottoms quite easily so check those. I check ears/eyes when they're eating their breakfast. I also obviously check their poops twice daily - once when doing the litter trays in the morning and then again at night when I have to sweep some up off their favourite cushion. I don't check the wee as it changes colour daily! I also ensure that they are both eating and acting normally as Thumper gets stasis quite regularly (Coco gets it but not so often) so keep a very close eye on that part indeed.

Last edited:
Back