• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Question for Timothyhay.co.uk experts

Fellie

Warren Veteran
I need to place an order for more hay - I get 10kgs at a time.

Despite me asking them to leave outside my front door - which is perfectly safe - they deliver next door which I am sure is beginning to annoy our neighbours! So I am trying to order to get it delivered when either myself or hubby is at home.

So if I ordered it today - would it be delivered on Monday do you think - I can never get to grips on how fast the delivery is - it is quick I know that - but don't want to get it wrong again.

Thank you.

I think its because the courier has to guarantee it's been delivered safely, they usually get a signature.

Whenever I order, it's dispatched next day by overnight courier and then delivered the next. So I would guess it'll be delivered Monday or Tuesday depending on whether they dispatch orders on Saturdays.

I ordered on Wednesday lunchtime, they despatched it on Thursday and it came today. I think if you ordered today, it would probably be sent Monday and you would get it Tuesday. I've found in the past that if I order early in the morning, then sometimes it will be despatched the same day and I get it the following day. I buy it 10kg at a time, although this time I've ordered 20kg as my bale hay isn't as nice at the moment, it's OK for lining the trays but I like them to have something nicer to eat.

Mine comes by APC Overnight carriers and I get an email saying which day it's going to be delivered. If I'm not going to be in, I leave a note to the APC driver on my front door asking him to leave the parcel at the back door and they have always done it. The instructions ask him to pull the gate closed when he leaves so that the parcel is secure.

Depends what time today you ordered and what time the courier goes to pick up from Gavin. Sometimes they surprise him early.

When tracking the email I know now the local depot number so I know when it will arrive. However, my last 2 orders have gone to my neighbour even though I've been sat waiting for it. :evil:

Mine quite often gets delivered the next day or the day after. With it being Friday I would think it might be Tuesday though.

I get mine delivered to my mum's garage and I only had a problem once where they forgot to put my note on. I suppose it depends on your delivery driver.

I always place my order on a Wednesday late afternoon and it arrives on the Friday when I work from Home. If you ordered today I would imagine it'll arrive Tuesday, unless you ordered really early today and they could package in time to meet the collection courier.

I have been ordering for 12 months or so now and very rarely have a problem re leaving in porch when I'm not in - I always pop a note on the initial order and then sometimes follow it up after they have emailed confirmation to be sure and the courier is happy to leave in porch for me. Delivery is normally within approximately 48 hours of ordering - and the buns just luuuuuuv their Timothy Hay

Back