• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

100% liter trained ?

Jennas

New Kit
Hi, just wanted to know if rabbits can be 100% liter trained. Both my baby girls use the liter tray for there wee and will pop in it to but I am still getting poop on the floor. I Have been sweeping them up and placing them in the liter tray to help them. Any advice will be great thanks. :)

Both my baby girls use the liter tray for there wee and will pop in it to but I am still getting poop on the floor.

Rabbits love to mark their territory with small (hopefully golden) donations of poop. that's just how they are.

The sentence in italics made me smile. If its you getting poop on the floor, that's a different matter... ;)

Both my baby girls use the liter tray for there wee and will pop in it to but I am still getting poop on the floor.

Rabbits love to mark their territory with small (hopefully golden) donations of poop. that's just how they are.

The sentence in italics made me smile. If its you getting poop on the floor, that's a different matter... ;)

Lol:oops: oh no it does look funny lol , if it was gold I would be rich by now, my buns are so small but the amount of little balls is out of this world lol.

Hopefully you will find their litter training will improve once they are spayed :thumb:

Rosie is well 99.5% she will poop in defiance if told NO and will poop outside by the pen door if I attempt to lock her in :roll: I have given up on that she has full roam 24/7 :D

She does like to leave the odd one just to keep me on my toes :lol:

My boys in the summer house outside are pretty clean use the litter tray for all wees but do leave quite a few on the floor but when in the house they are 99% also :) with a couple to keep me busy :lol:

Last edited:
Ludo is 100% though I can't pretend it's anything I've done that's made him that way. He was 100% from the second he came home, including before neutering. Guess he's just a tidy bunny.

The girls were 99% with poos and all wee was in the trays. Now we have Haymitch and they've moved home too there's poo everywhere :(

The girls were 99% with poos and all wee was in the trays. Now we have Haymitch and they've moved home too there's poo everywhere :(

Yeah - another bun tends to throw all their litter-tray skills out the window. We have turned our spare room over to the buns - 4 different pairs in there all leaving their territorial poops (and lots of them) - and peeing everywhere (I use picnic blankets over the carpet so can be washed - and carpet stays clean:D) - on the plus side their litter boxes are fairly clean these days :lol:

(oh - and another good thing about territorial poops - hours of fun can be had by chin-rubbing every single poop :lol:)

My girls tend to do most of their poops in the trays but a few do get scattered about. They're easy to sweep up though so I don't mind.

One healthy rabbit can produce an alarming number of poops per day - up to about 400 I think. I don't sweep up that many so goodness knows where they are! :lol:

Back