• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Potty Training

abrooks11

New Kit
Hi my mini lop Eliza is having difficulty getting the jist of using her corner potty

She just pees in a line on the front of the cage so everytime I pick her up her feet are wet with pee because thats where she stands

I clean her out regularly and put some used sawdust in the corner to encourage her

I am getting her spayed early feb so im hoping that will help

Any suggestions?

Pichure of the lady attached

bb0c5c2d206292030e97cbf3f413f285.jpg

She is gorgeous :love: I think spaying will improve things a lot. The corner trays aren't really large enough for them to sit in very well, so that could be part of the problem. I like the underbed storage boxes for trays as they are larger and have higher sides than cat litter trays and stops them from spraying over the edge. Sawdust and shavings are not recommended as they release phenols which can cause respiratory problems. I use wood pellet cat litter in the trays, with hay on top as they like to eat and poop in the same place., and plain non slip vinyl for the floor which enables them to differentiate from the litter area. You may need to provide more than one tray where she wees the most. I would mop up the wee and neutralise with a mixture of vinegar diluted 50/50 with water to dissuade her from going there. Sweeping up poos regularly and putting them into the tray would help too :thumb:

Back