• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

so fed up of heartless people

bunnymadhouse

Wise Old Thumper
took in 2 buns this week that had been dumped ... then this morning have been asked to take in a total of 5 rabbits .
1 of which is a housebun that owner says will have to be pts if cant find space or home .

How can people live with themselves ...it makes me so bloody mad .:evil::(

I have no idea. I think people realise that the way to get help is to threaten PTS. Whilst it's horrid, rescues can't just keep taking in more. And maybe just maybe some have to be PTS as distasteful as it is.

It's what is going on in the big wide world everyday - animals being killed because there is no more room at the inn. I just wish people looking to take on a bunny would realise just how bad it is and adopt rather than shop. That would create space for those in need.

What drives me mad is that it's not exactly hard to sit down and have a family discussion before getting a pet or to do a little research on the type of animal to make sure it fits in with your family! :censored:

That kind of person has no conscience, no feeling for animals, so is unable to feel guilt.

It is very bad in Celia's area. Just the other week one of her friends who runs a cat rescue had been asked to look after a neighbour's cats while they went away on holiday. He happened to spot a hutch in the garden, went to investigate and found a rabbit in it...with no food or bedding and the weather was freezing cold. He sorted the rabbit out and looked after it while they were away. When they returned home he told them that he had also looked after the rabbit and asked why they hadn't mentioned it, their reply was 'Oh, we didn't want to trouble you with it' So they had just gone away to enjoy themselves and left the rabbit to die.

As upsetting as it is, when rescues have no space and homes cannot be found then I think pts has to be accepted as being the kind option, better than to continue living a life of hell or left to die a miserable death. What other choice is there?

I have no idea. I think people realise that the way to get help is to threaten PTS. Whilst it's horrid, rescues can't just keep taking in more. And maybe just maybe some have to be PTS as distasteful as it is.

It's what is going on in the big wide world everyday - animals being killed because there is no more room at the inn. I just wish people looking to take on a bunny would realise just how bad it is and adopt rather than shop. That would create space for those in need.

yes me too .. its a never ending problem .. it will never go away .

I don't get it, especially a housebun, you get closer when sharing your house with pets

I think sadly there is much published about how amazing it is to have a house rabbit and for those of us that are besotted with our bunnies and willing to put in the hard work its a relationship second to none - I couldn't imagine our home without a bunny or two in it lol - however we hear all too often how disaster can strike when rabbits chew and get into mischief through no fault of their own they are just simply being rabbits and with a bit of thought you can keep the home tidy and the bunny occupied with safe things to chew - one of the areas constantly mentioned is litter training - but then the bunny is give free range of the whole of the house without its own den initially to establish boundaries - so the ideal of having a house bunny goes out the window and the bunny is soon looking for a rescue place:?

Sorry guys gone off track a little here but with Rescues reaching breaking point in terms of numbers and irresponsible ownership its just so frustrating and worrying for the bunny increasing population out there.

Back