• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Most affectionate bunny ever

hng187

Young Bun
843fe63616a9e6332ada035fb84bd2eb.jpg
My bunny's name is Cinnabon But I just call him bun bun for short. He is 3 months old and the sweetest thing you'll ever meet. My question is, would getting him a friend (after he is neutered of course) lessen his affection for me or his desire to spend time with me? Also I found that he absolutely adores strawberries. But I know they are very high in sugar. Is one strawberry once a week as a treat detrimental to his health/diet?
e8165ec4c9152c58d1f8d192f4541658.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi, he is stunning :)

It is hard to say if a bunny friend would change him, but in my experience bunnies that are affectionate just stay that way :) It is super cute seeing two wee bunnies snuggled up, playing and grooming. You might miss a wee bit of affection from your current bun, but you would gain in love from another bun, and you would see much cuteness :)

One strawberry a week will not do him any harm imo.

It is hard to say if a bunny friend would change him, but in my experience bunnies that are affectionate just stay that way :) It is super cute seeing two wee bunnies snuggled up, playing and grooming. You might miss a wee bit of affection from your current bun, but you would gain in love from another bun, and you would see much cuteness :)

Thank you :) I love him dearly. I just hope I won't get too jealous of the time they spend together haha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm actually wondering this too; Amy is ridiculously affectionate, and although it'll be a while before I have the right place to get her a husbun, I am planning to and I'm not sure how it'll change her.

I agree with this - my bunnies have never become less affectionate once paired up, and I feel much less guilty when they've got a friend. If you're at work for 8 hours and asleep for 8 hours that's at least 16 hours for a bun to be alone so it's much nicer for them to have someone to cuddle up to. :love:

Your rabbit is very cute, I can see he loves a cuddle! :love:

Oh my gosh he is precious!!

Don't worry, he'll love you just the same! He'll just have 2 willing slaves instead of one! A strawberry a week sounds like a lovely treat, lucky boy!

The difference I noticed when I got a 2nd bun was that the first still dished out the affection to us but won't accept head rubs very much now. We think there's some sort of hierarchy with him and his girl friend because he's the dominant one

I have a very affectionate snuggle bun and he has a wifey bun but he still loves getting attention and affection from me :love: Cherry keeps him company when I can't when I'm at work etc and then I give him head rubs and cuddles at dinner time and he'd sit there all day if I could :lol: :love:

Your bunny is very cute. I wouldn't think a strawberry a week is bad for him, mine occasionally get a banana each or some blueberries, but I don't buy those all the time for the same reasons.

You wont feel jealousy if you get him a friend.Youll be too busy loving the cuteness of two bunnies playing and snuggling together.:lol:

Back