• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Please say hello to...

Alibunbun

Warren Scout
Morph! :love: Indi's new husbun, who she seems smitten with!

I picked them both up today from the RSPCA. I have noticed that Morph is 'scanning' but I'm putting this down to him being a REW? I am going to contact the lady who was bonding them and ask if she noticed it. Do you think it's worth a vet visit? Im not keen on stressing him out but was worried it could be something more sinister.. But he does seem to have trouble seeing things, he seems very surprised when you touch him or something moves.

Aside from that he is a beautiful bunny, the lighting is bad so doesn't do him any justice, but I love him already :love::love:

DSCF3239.jpg

DSCF3240.jpg

DSCF3241.jpg

DSCF3242.jpg

He is gorgeous :love: My Boots is also REW and he scanned a lot when I first adopted him. Accompanied by frenzied chinning! I was told it was to do with difficulties focussing. He would do it whenever he went into a room he hadn't been in before. He soon settled though and I haven't seen him doing it since. His sense of smell is incredible though, he can smell a banana 2 rooms away :lol:

Awwww :love: what a pair of cuties :love:

I wouldn't worry about a REW bunny scanning if he were mine. It is very common for them to have less than perfect vision and scanning is always worse in new places as they need to work out where everything is in an unfamiliar environment. You will probably find that the scanning happens less and less in the next few days.

Awww what a gorgeous couple they make :love::love:

My Roo scans, he's a rew. Quite a lot of rews will scan, some more than others, particularly when they are in a new environment. Roo has poor eyesight, he sometimes bumps into things, so I tend not to rearrange things in his accommodation. Sometimes he will bite if I put my hand up to him or move around too quickly, or he attacks the brush when I'm sweeping up. It's just a panic thing with him....he bites first and ask questions later. :lol: I still bear a scar of from the time I had him dangling from my finger, I intervened during his bonding with Sugar, made him jump and he had me. :shock:

Quite a lot of rews will scan, some more than others, particularly when they are in a new environment.

Yeah, I agree with this, my Sylvester is a REW as well and if he's feeling uncertain or has gone into boarding he will scan. I've found that keeping things in the same place like an igloo that he knows the height of at the entrance to his hutch and also letting him know what I'm going to do ie saying "Touching Sylvester" or "Sylvester, over" when I'm going to pick him up really helps.

PS I love the name Morph, always reminds me of when I was a kid and the mischievous clay character on an art show.

Thank you they are currently snuggling next to each other, it's so lovely to see Indi so relaxed :love:

I'm pretty sure its scanning, it just looks like he is slowly moving his head to the side - not tilted though otherwise I'd be worried, and I have had a rabbit that got an ear infection.

Awww what a cute couple! :love:

My boys scanned a fair bit when I first got them but I don't see them doing it much now, most likely because they know where everything is now. :)

Yeah, I agree with this, my Sylvester is a REW as well and if he's feeling uncertain or has gone into boarding he will scan. I've found that keeping things in the same place like an igloo that he knows the height of at the entrance to his hutch and also letting him know what I'm going to do ie saying "Touching Sylvester" or "Sylvester, over" when I'm going to pick him up really helps.

PS I love the name Morph, always reminds me of when I was a kid and the mischievous clay character on an art show.

I was thinking of names and my OH is a gamer so there was a character called "Morphling" And I just thought Morph sounded lovely! Plus I do know the art program you are on about and that helped influence the decision too :lol:

Back