• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

I got a response: Feeling angry: Cage advertised as being suitable for 3-5 rabbits!

cpayne

Warren Veteran
I've just been searching ebay for an outdoor run for Doughnut and came across an indoor cage:

Spacious interior, suit for 3-5 rabbits

External dimensions: approximately 120(L) X 58(W) X 40(H)cm
-Top door dimensions: 38.5X32.5 cm
-Tray: 120*58*19 cm
-Feeder: 25.5*16 cm
-Front door: about 19 X 13cm

I need to chill I think, awful for one rabbit let along 3-5, don't even think 5 would fit in there!

Last edited:
I know don't think I'm allowed to link the page, looks like a hamster cage to me anyway as I don't associate rabbits with cages!

I wonder if they think that because they had small baby rabbits in it who seemed to have lots of space. Not that I agree with it of course! I saw a 5ft hutch advertised on eBay ages ago, "suitable to fit 6 rabbits", I just thought yeah, fit them in like sardines in a can :evil:

I wonder if they think that because they had small baby rabbits in it who seemed to have lots of space. Not that I agree with it of course! I saw a 5ft hutch advertised on eBay ages ago, "suitable to fit 6 rabbits", I just thought yeah, fit them in like sardines in a can :evil:

It actually works out at 3ft x 2ft x 1.3ft.

All sent. I've just advised them that it is not even the minimum requirements for one rabbit and it would be very cruel to keep a rabbit in there let alone 3-5. I just said I'm sure you're probably not aware of this and thought I would just let you know. It wasn't a horrible message so hopefully I will get a reply. Sadly it says 83% of the cages have been sold hopefully to hamsters not rabbit owners

I got a response:

Thank you for your email and letting us know.

I have passed your email to our listing team and they will make amendments accordingly.

We appreciate your help.

Kind Regards

Mustafa

They have taken off the 3-5 rabbits, they have still said it's spacious but at least that's something.

Well done. as you said .. 'at least it's something' .. and every little change helps the big ones x

ETA : Just a thought... Now that you've approached them in a positive way and they've responded, there may be an opportunity there, for them to listen to more advice from you, change the listings further? :)

Last edited:
Well done :D I would definitely follow up with a thank you for listening/making the change and you could add a link to something on housing or a source of info - maybe the RSPCA or similar for their future reference.

Back