• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Any suggestions on an outside run

cpayne

Warren Veteran
Doughnut has the metal outdoor run which seems to be dangerous as rabbits have got their head stuck. I've bought hidey holes for her which I can attach so wondering whether just to get bits of welded metal to put on the inside or to get a completely different run. I've looked on ebay and there is nothing that folds up where I can add the hidey holes.

Anyone got a large run which can be put away in the winter?

Yup, I have one which was made by the hutchman. I'm sure any of the rwaf recommended companies would make you one to order

Alternatively if you feel like a bit of DIY then you can easily make your own run. My dad made mine using sanded down roofing lathes and weld mesh, the end result was separate aviary type panels for both sides and roof which I attach to each other using copper wire. He painted them with fence paint before attaching the mesh and in one panel he also incorporated a door which meant it was easy to let the buns have free range time and latter on for me to attach a Runaround connector plate.

Think it took about two weekends in the end for both of us to make, paint and fix the weldmesh for all the panels I needed. Plus it also means that it's easy to repair, replace or add panels to extend the run as needed. Useful for me during the winter as I can't use the Runaround runs on the grass and I can use the extra panels to block the patio off for free running time.

As much as I love my Runaround system I've found that the runs that my dad made are a lot more flexible as they were built to fit not only minimum size requirements but also the space I have plus so far (with a few repairs/upgrading) they've lasted about 10 years plus. It also means if I need to disassemble and move them then it's just a case of untwisting the copper wire and lifting them to where I want them as they aren't quite as awkward as my 8x4 Runaround sections.

Back