• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Cleaning Accessories

Jonathan

New Kit
Can anyone recommend an accessory that has helped them when cleaning out their rabbit hutch. We currently use a dust pan and brush which isn't too bad but I wondered if a portable hoover would be easier or something else.

Many Thanks

I also just use a dustpan and brush. I find it works well enough for the job. I'd be worried a hoover would make too much noise and either annoy them or freak them out.

Once I've taken out the bulk of the old hay, I use a hoover with one of the attachments at the end of the nozzle to finish off. I find it much quicker and easier to get everything out that way. Scrappy doesn't seem particularly bothered by the hoover but I guess it depends on the individual rabbit.

I use a paint scraper too! vinegar & water in a spray bottle for any wee stains in tray and a dustpan and brush but I am lucky I have it all on the patio so its easy to sweep up.

Can anyone recommend an accessory that has helped them when cleaning out their rabbit hutch. We currently use a dust pan and brush which isn't too bad but I wondered if a portable hoover would be easier or something else.

Many Thanks

I also use a dustpan and brush for cleaning out. Has to be a rather stiff brush though, as everything pings everywhere otherwise.

I also use dustpan and brush for cleaning. I find that with regular cleaning, it does a great job of keeping it at its best. Fortunately, I can always find the time to do this often.

Back