• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Best vacuum cleaners to handle bunny rooms?

Kavanne

Mama Doe
Does anyone have any recommendations?? My old Dyson just can't handle the bunny rooms and gets blocked at the sight of a strand of hay which is annoying to say the least!!

My miele pull along coped brilliantly when the buns were inside. You go through a lot of bags but it sucks up anything in its path, including socks and Lego.

Ive got an oldish dyson, dc14 i think animal version, its a beast! It does block up occasionally, and hates cat litter, and it overheats and cuts out if i use it for too long... buuuut it still sucks up everything in its path which is why i put up with it, and its easy to unclog!

I have a Dyson cordless one, I find it ideal cos I can swosh round quickly with it a few times a day. I usually leave the short nozzle type attachment on cos that picks up bunny poops well and most bits of hay, big bits of hay I pick up with my hands. If it blocks I can easily unblock it with something long and thin like a pen. Then once or twice a week I hoover the carpet with the normal attachment.

Last edited:
I had a vax which was wonderful but I broke it :cry: it couldn't handle the hay. Ive also broken two dysons due to hay :roll: my bunny room is a Hoover graveyard! My dad sent one off to be repaired and now it's brilliant again, I just try to avoid hoovering hay up now and avoid overfilling it.

I used to swear by Dyson, but they've just got too complicated to deal with picking up hay and other 'bunny mess' :D there are just too many places a Dyson can get blocked!

So we've bought ourselves a Henry Plus which we use without a bag......it's simple, powerful and it hasn't got blocked up once in about 4 months :D We love it!

I have a Dyson animal, I think. It's a pull around one and is only little but it seems to cope well with my room. It gets blocked easily but it's really easy to sort out and it only gets blocked if I suck up too much hay. I find it best to sweep up first and get the main bulk of hay up before hoovering. I really want a Henry Hoover, though. They are awesome.

I use a Henry Hoover and his bits do get blocked sometimes but are easy to empty.
Only problem is he isn't a good sucker.

My Gtech Air Ram picks up EVERY scrap of hay quickly and easily, never blocks and is cordless :thumb:. Best thing I ever bought.

This was one of the top buys recommended by Which. VC21F60JUDB, Samsung F600 Pet vacuum cleaner - 2100W Motor.

I have had a dyson, very over rated and then two Henry Hoover for years. Henry is good but was only rated at 50 something % where as the Samsung is 80 something %, dyson in between Henry and the above Samsung. Best vaccum cleaner I have ever had, its like a miracle cleaner and never gets blocked. Needs a bag but I keep the same bag over and over again and even with 4 animals and daily vacuuming only needs emptying once a month or less. So powerful I thought it was going to lift up the laminate floor.

Back