• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Now Honey is ill

weedug

Mama Doe
I'm not having much luck with my buns just now :(. Honey was fine this morning, although perhaps not quite as sparkly as usual. By midday she wasn't eating, so I gave her some metacam and gut stimulants. Didn't make a difference so I got her to the vet. They said she still had gut sounds, and no sign of an impaction. The vet said her gut felt a bit peculiar in one area.

I thought they would keep her in, but they just gave her some vetergesic and sent her home. She's to get more gut stimulant later and I've to syringe feed if she isn't feeding herself. If she hasn't picked up tomorrow, I've to take her back.

Don't know how keen I am having her sent home, but I suppose there wasn't much they would do and she does get stressed easily.

Her gut hasn't been right for a while now, and these spells are becoming more frequent :(.

Any spare vibes would be appreciated.

:cry:.. Oh no weedug. I can't believe this... I hope she picks up and get well soon.

Millions of vibes for you and your wee precious Honey xxxxxxx

Sending good vibes for Honey :love:...I totally undertand how you must be feeling; Lance is also ill and I'm so worried about him :(

Thank you. Although she is only 5, she has had a difficult time health wise, even before I got her at a few months old. She is such a lovely girl too.

So far she is still just sitting around, although she doesn't seem distressed now. I'll give her time to recover from her outing, and if she still isn't eating will need to start syringe feeding.

So sorry to hear about Lance. I hope he is feeling better soon. Has he stopped eating too?

He stopped a few days ago and since then he's been having small amounts of food and critical care but he just seems so quite and not like his usual happy self :( I really hope Honey feels better soon too.

Sending vibes for Honey, this most be so worrying for you. :(
Sending some vibes to BunnyLover34's Lance as well.
X

Poor Honey, I hope she's feeling better soon. Is there any indication of what might be causing her gut problems, or have the vets talked about any way to investigate the cause?

I don't know if I'm correct in this, but I generally feel more comfortable when my buns are sent home, unless they're super ill - I know I can tend to them every five minutes if necessary, whereas I don't think they'd get that level of attention at the vet's!

Sending lots of vibes for her. xx

Back