• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Apache has finally achieved his life's mission

clutterydrawer

Wise Old Thumper
He's chewed through the fridge cable :roll: He's been tryin to do this since we moved in 6 months ago. He looks very proud! :lol:

Last edited:
Oh dear, cable chewing is something I live in fear of! It's happened a few times, but nothing too expensive so far...!

Also... what is a fride? Did you mean fridge? If so... :shock: that's an annoying/expensive one to have to put right!

Sorry yes, there is a crumb stuck under the G on my keyboard so it often gets missed out!

It's ok though, I just got a cable connector block from Homebase and rewired it, only cost £3. :)

Sorry yes, there is a crumb stuck under the G on my keyboard so it often gets missed out!

It's ok though, I just got a cable connector block from Homebase and rewired it, only cost £3. :)

Phew! That's not bad at all! I need to learn how to rewire for future cable emergencies (it's not if... it's when...)! The last one was the internet cable and that couldn't be rewired as Lilly snipped it right next to the plug so there wasn't enough to attach the other side to, luckily it only cost about £7 to replace :)

Pests :lol:

You just get a little white box that says "3 core flex connector" (or 2 core if that's what you've got....), cut out the damaged bits of cable, strip an inch of coating off the ends and then insert them into the little brass screw bits inside the connector. (They're like the bits inside a plug.) It'll be self explanatory once you see the thing.

You just get a little white box that says "3 core flex connector" (or 2 core if that's what you've got....), cut out the damaged bits of cable, strip an inch of coating off the ends and then insert them into the little brass screw bits inside the connector. (They're like the bits inside a plug.) It'll be self explanatory once you see the thing.

That sounds amazing! Why have I not heard of this before!! I normally just replace the item or the cable if it's a charger, which is the expensive way to do it.

Sorry to hear about your fridge though! Maybe now he'll think he's defeated it and leave it alone?

That doesn't sound as complicated as I thought actually! Maybe I should buy a few now for when the inevitable happens :lol:

That sounds amazing! Why have I not heard of this before!! I normally just replace the item or the cable if it's a charger, which is the expensive way to do it.

Sorry to hear about your fridge though! Maybe now he'll think he's defeated it and leave it alone?

It wouldn't work for chargers as it's a different kind of cable...but any appliance with 2core or 3core flex should be fine. At the moment I have the fridge, the CD player and a lamp all with flex connectors in. :roll:

But obviously if anyone is doing any rewiring make sure it's 100% safe and seek advice if you're not sure...I don't want anyone's house catching fire!

Back