• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Hector's new Honeybunny! U/D New name and bonded!

Sadly we lost Poppy on Christmas Day and my poor Hector has been very lonely. Not only did we lose Poppy but exactly 2 months previous we lost Theo. Hector lost 2 friends in such a short amount of time and had never lived alone. So we made the decision to adopt a girlfriend for him and yesterday we got our beautiful girl from Honeybunnies! (See this thread)

Anyway long story short! I go to uni in Leicester so when my parents dropped me off we met Jill here and my parents have taken the lovely bun back home with them and my mum has started bonding today and is sending me live updates! So far so good! A bit of nipping and attempted humping from the female but no major fights or anything! Bunny is currently called Catelyn but I think I will change her name simply because I have a friend with the same name and it seems rather strange me having a bunny called the same. :lol: I think she is an absolutely huge bunny! But maybe it's just because I'm used to small Dutch breeds! I've had 4 dutchies! She is a very confident girl and seems to like Hector, he's a little nervous but I'm sure he will get used to her soon! :)

Now the exciting part, photos! :D

Last edited:
She's lovely - I'm sure her and Hector will make a great couple :love:

Lots of luck for continued success with the bonding xx

Oh they look so happy together already :love:. It's wonderful to see a lonely bunny paired up with a new friend. I've had Georgeypudding come round to meet me and Benji today with a view to me fostering her Imogen and I can't wait for Benji to have a new friend. It's ghastly seeing them on their own.

She's a gorgeous colour and it looks like it is going well. I'm sure Hector will love snuggling up to his big beautiful bunny.

Those photos are really positive. It's great they are behaving like that around each other so soon. I hope it continues, good luck!

:love:.. Wow, they look lovely together and really chilled out.. Xxxxx

I hope they find bunny LURVE xxxx

Thanks everyone! The bunnies spent their first night together last night in my guinea pig hutch (the piggies had the privaledege of the whole shed! :lol: ) All went well and no bun is injured, both seem fine. :) Hopefully it won't be long until they can move into all of the shed!

Back